Non-motoring > Passport Office Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Arctophile Replies: 3

Passport Office - Arctophile
Like others I have always found the DVLA efficient in dealing with tax disc renewal, they have a good reputation compared with other government departments. The Passport Office in particular have come in for some stick over the past few years.

Perhaps the Passport Office have turned themselves round? I sent them two passports for renewal, in one envelope, by special delivery last Thursday (12th). Mrs A's was returned yesterday (18th) and mine arrived this morning, both returned by secure courier.

Excellent service. Less than a week turnround.

I'm glad I didn't fork out £8 odd each to the Post Office for their check and send service.
 Passport Office - FocalPoint
Agree entirely. I recently decided to renew mine, as it came within the window to get the period before expiry time added and it was outside the tourism high season.

Turnaround just over a week. In fact, it was such a surprise we managed to squeeze in a last-minute weekend away at the beginning of December.

A bonus was the new e-passport fast-track returning to the UK.

P.S. Post Office "check and send" is now £8.75. I felt that was pointless, but I did pay for Special Delivery at £6.22, in view of the hassle involved if things went astray.
Last edited by: FocalPoint on Thu 19 Dec 13 at 12:45
 Passport Office - Haywain
"Excellent service. Less than a week turnaround."

Yep - praise where it's due - we found exactly the same.
 Passport Office - rtj70
I renewed my passport in late 2009 - around now in fact. Just moved out of our old house so had the added complication of which address to use. I asked them and put a covering letter etc and used parents in law. It came in about a week back then as well. I think the service has been working okay for a long time.
Latest Forum Posts