Non-motoring > Dangers of recreational drugs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 2

Dangers of recreational drugs - Armel Coussine
I am on record here as being permissive on drugtaking, but also on record as advocating caution where powerful mind-altering substances are concerned.

Here is a hideous case in point. We will be going to a memorial for a friend - more a friend of Herself really - in a few days' time, a charming, kind and very nice person who died in December. Some twenty years ago or more, a man unknown to him walked up behind him and bashed his head in with a ball-peen hammer. Needless to say he was never quite the same again, but courageously resumed his life.

The geezer was promptly caught. He was out of his head on LSD when he did the deed, and claimed in his defence that he thought our buddy was 'the devil'. Stupid, violent and superstitious: not the sort of person who should smoke dope, let alone drop acid. He did a short prison sentence and was then released into the community (instead of being chucked into Broadmoor for the rest of his life). I don't know or care what happened to him after that, but I do hope the fuzz and shrinks are keeping an eye on him. Squalid filthy little swine.

Yes, powerful psychedelics really are a bit risky. Even if you know what you're doing you may forget under the influence. When you take it you can definitely feel idiocy pulling at you.
 Dangers of recreational drugs - legacylad
My Mum was 76 when attacked outside her own home in broad daylight by a local druggy. Pushed to the ground, hand bag taken, just to fund his habit. It caused her major emotional trauma. Change all the locks. Forever looking over her shoulder. Within 12 months she had sold up and moved. From a house and garden which she loved but felt unable to no longer live in.
12 years on she is happy in her new place, about a mile from me. Good neighbours, friendly market town ( Settle) but the scroat in question only got his wrists slapped. A vague description given to the police, to whom he was well known as a smack head and perpetual petty criminal.
I hope he is dead now. No use to society . Good riddance to bad rubbish.
 Dangers of recreational drugs - Armel Coussine
>> the scroat in question only got his wrists slapped. A vague description given to the police, to >> whom he was well known as a smack head and perpetual petty criminal.
>> I hope he is dead now. No use to society . Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Yeah, well, junk addiction is one thing and powerful psychedelics are another, legacy. Since NHS heroin stopped being supplied to registered addicts (under US pressure), junkies have often resorted to petty crime to pay for their adulterated Scheiss.

I'm sure a lot of us aren't much use to society. That doesn't mean we should be erased though.

It isn't belittling yr mum's trauma to point out that she was frightened rather than suffering life-changing injury. Different drugs are risky in different ways. Our late friend was working innocently at his carpenter's bench in Wales when the idiot, a stranger to him and everyone else, bashed his head in.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sun 29 Mar 15 at 14:11
Latest Forum Posts