Non-motoring > RIP Rick Parfitt Miscellaneous
Thread Author: mikeyb Replies: 7

RIP Rick Parfitt - mikeyb
2016 has taken another one from us

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38427459
 RIP Rick Parfitt - Pat
I've seen Quo live so many times including most of their farewell concerts but this must be the final farewell.

RIP

Pat
Last edited by: Pat on Sat 24 Dec 16 at 15:29
 RIP Rick Parfitt - zippy
Its not a good year if you are famous and of a certain age.

Never been a band that I have wanted to see live but nevertheless really enjoyed their music and their acoustic album cheered me up every time I listed to it.

RIP
Last edited by: zippy on Sat 24 Dec 16 at 16:07
 RIP Rick Parfitt - Fullchat
Quo regularly did concerts in this area but never got round to seeing them. On the 'to do' list. However Mrs FC bought some tickets for a relatively small open air venue year last May. And a cracking night it was. All the songs from my youth. Supported by Lindesfarne would you believe.
Simple rhythms but with a catchy beat.
I believe his son Rick Parfitt Junior has been filling in after the latest bout of illness.

RIP
 RIP Rick Parfitt - smokie
I saw them once about 10/15 years ago at a sports hall in Reading, which was a warm up for their London Christmas gig. Fun band, they understood their audience and gave us what we wanted. It was a good night out.

Seeing a decent (or half decent) band in a small venue is something I love doing. The Stones at the Brixton Academy in '96 just about wins on that one but there have been many really good ones, and Quo are up in the top five. (There were some good contenders from my trip round New Orleans, Nashville and Austin back in October/Nov!!)
 RIP Rick Parfitt - legacylad
I think I saw Quo in the late 60s at Bradford Uni. I must have been in my mid teens ( began beer drinking at 14) and got served no problem!
Then annually at St George's Hall in my late teens and early twenties.
Not seen them live since but never turned them off on the radio, and I must buy their recent acoustic stuff
 RIP Rick Parfitt - R.P.
Deeside 1978 - "World Tour" still have the tee-shirt which appears to have shrunk a bit.
 RIP Rick Parfitt - Duncan
>> Its not a good year if you are famous and of a certain age.

BBC More or Less Radio 4

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04m0hp8
Latest Forum Posts