Non-motoring > Bargains Thread - Volume 20   [Read only] Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 100

Bargains Thread - Volume 20 - R.P.

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 21 *****

=============================================================

More bargains !

Post links in here of any offers/bargains that you come across. Need not be motoring but motoring related is of course welcome.

PLEASE NOTE:-

To try and maintain some kind of logical order of discussion, if you start a new subject then reply to this post and remember to change the default subject header.

Volume 19 can be found HERE
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 1 Nov 17 at 01:45

Fursty Ferret ( beer) - legacylad
Badger Brewery. 500 ml bottles @£1.25 Booths supermarkets until 01/08/17

Bargains Thread Clarkes Shoes 60% off - sherlock47
If those at 60% suit you they represent good value.

They deliver for free and returns are free either by post or to a local shop. Talking to the local shop it is not uncommon for people to order several styles/sizes pick what they want and return the rest!

www.clarks.co.uk/shoe-sale?cm_mmc=ECRM_SALE-_-Wk25MG60offReminder-_-banner-_-summersale

Bargains Thread Clarkes Shoes 60% off - Bobby
A Clarks sale

Dont tell Humph!!
 Plus Net SIM only deal. - Roger.
Time-limited offer.

1.5GB of 4G data, 1000 minutes talk and 1000 texts per month for £5 a month on a rolling contract.
As a BT owned outfit their carrier is EE.

I'm looking to get a couple of the SIM deals:one each for my wife and I. Just waiting for the credit check.

(You cannot order two at once on-line. I was told to order one and phone for the other when approved)

Found here - UK Hot Deals

tinyurl.com/yarn6px4

>> Found here - UK Hot Deals
>>
>> tinyurl.com/yarn6px4

Got the deal over the phone, as the web application failed.
Both SIMS now in and numbers ported effortlessly.
EE signal at my PRECISE location is pretty weak for voice and not much better for 4G, although the coverage checker is showing "good" at my post code. A few metres down the street it's OK, though.
Plusnet is on probation here, but as it's a 30 day rolling contract it's no big deal if we change again.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 29 Jul 17 at 20:23

Plusnet: FAIL
No voice, or data, signal later night and this forenoon.
Outside 14 day cooing off period. Bother, so it's good it is a 30 day contract and only a fiver per SIM.
I've activated a spare Giffgaff SIM and there's full voice and 4G signals indoors.
Looking to go with GG or anotherO2 based MVNO.
That's both EE and Three not available here.

Smirnoff Vodka x 1 Ltr - Clk Sec
Smirnoff Vodka x 1 ltr @ £17.50 in my local Waitrose store this morning.

Best price I've seen for a while.

Smirnoff Vodka x 1 Ltr - Stuartli
Has been cheaper in recent times:

www.hotukdeals.com/deals/1ltr-bottles-of-gordon-s-gin-or-smirnoff-717435

and Morrisons quite often have one litre bottles of Gordon's Gin and Smirnoff Vodka (plus other brands) on offer at £15 (but usually restricted to two, perhaps three, bottles per customer). Just buy a couple of bottles and go back in later using a different cashout!!)

By the way, I don't drink either of them, but buy them on behalf of friends..!

Morrisons is tooooo far away to travel for just for one litre, as that's sufficient in our house to last the best part of a year.

I used to enjoy the odd drop myself, but since Britvic tomato juice has disappeared from supermarket shelves, I don't bother.

Smirnoff Vodka x 1 Ltr - Stuartli
You're just thinking of personal circumstances there, rather than members of the forum...:-)

How very dare you...
;-)

Beer - Roger.
I've discovered a really nice bottled beer - loads of interesting flavour - at Aldi.
Harpers Brewery Golden Crown at only £1.19 a half litre bottle.
Only 4.1% ABV, but for those who don't decry bottled beer, it's well worth a try.

Beer - Ted

Thanks for that Dodger. I'll try that, I'm always near an Aldi in my travels.

If you swing by a Lidl, they sell Hatherwoods Amber Adder..among others. I really like it's sharpness and flavour. About £1.25...was 99p last year. Was in Aldi last week and bought a 12 bottle box of all the old favourites...£15.

Beer - Stuartli
If you like Peroni, Morrison's is currently offering six 630cc bottles for £6.

Beer - smokie
Online it's 3 x 620s for £6 here. Thought it was too good to be true, and I'm not a Peroni drinker!!

Beer - Stuartli
Sorry, just checked - they are 620ml bottles...:-) Going by memory from visiting the local store at the weekend....:-)

Beer - smokie
Yeah but... 3 or 6? 6 would be a real super bargain!!
Last edited by: smokie on Tue 1 Aug 17 at 16:02

Beer - Zero
Its 3

Beer - Clk Sec
It must be, shirley...

Beer - Stuartli
>> Its 3>>

It's, as I originally clearly described, six (6) - I stated 630ml rather than 620ml capacity originally as going on memory.

The pack is not like the one you seem to be looking at on the Morrison's website, but a 2x2x2 cardboard sleeve. I had to take one off a shelf to check the capacity of the bottles.
Last edited by: Stuartli on Tue 1 Aug 17 at 18:28

Beer - sooty123
That's a real bargain, 6 for 6 quid. Pity we've no morrisons near by.

Beer - Zero
>> That's a real bargain, 6 for 6 quid. Pity we've no morrisons near by.
Right, I'm off to Morrisons tomorrow morning, and if they are 3 for 6 quid there is going to be trouble on here.

Beer - Ted

Me too, Z. Morrys is only 300 yds from here and I'll be passing in the morn...debit card ready !

Beer - Zero
Fake News

Unavailable at my local Morrison's, they have never heard of the offer, they have the 3 bottles for sicksquid

Beer - legacylad
Some local watering holes have loyalty schemes, which IMHO are fairer than say 20p off a pint for Camra members.
One of them has buy 8, get 1 free ( beer only)... so you pay £2.90 pint, which equates £2.60 a pint including the free one. No time limit, keep your till receipts safe! It seems to work very well... used to be buy6, get1 free, or £2.50 a pint
Excellent beers too... always GooseEye Brewery ( near Keighley) 'Chinook' plus a changing selection of Kirkby Lonsdale beers. I'll be in for a few before my curry tonight.

Beer - sooty123
>> Fake News
>>
>> Unavailable at my local Morrison's, they have never heard of the offer, they have the
>> 3 bottles for sicksquid
>>

I thought it sounded too good to be true.

Beer - Manatee
Surprised they deign to sell it in Morrisons.

yougov.co.uk/news/2013/04/24/peroni-positions-itself-upmarket-beer/

Beer - smokie
I think I said pretentious earlier, that there is the proof :-)

Beer - legacylad
As mentioned previously, I'm a social drinker and never touch alcohol at home.
Friends have just organised an 11 miler damp walk tomorrow, Skipton to Ilkley, to take afternoon 'light refreshment' then Friday a train & charabanc trip to Hebden Bridge for more frivolity.
Need to do something to cleanse the system of Rioja & Mahou.
Beer o'clock starts earlier these days
Last edited by: legacylad on Wed 2 Aug 17 at 22:09

Beer - tyrednemotional
>> As mentioned previously, I'm a social drinker and never touch alcohol at home.

.... I just make sure I'm seldom at home........

Beer - Zero
My Grandfather was just a social drinker. He used to get drunk out of his head every night down at the Labour Party Club.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 7 Aug 17 at 10:38

Beer - The Melting Snowman
>> My Grandfather was just a social drinker. He used to get drunk out of his
>> head every night down at the Labour Party Club.
>>

I think I would too, if I had to attend a Labour Party bash.

Beer - R.P.
We drink beer wrongly here. Just back from Belgium and as usual the full hit of beers were to be found. Perfectly served in a wide brimmed glass and you sip it, like a good wine. Some great stuff out there.

Beer - smokie
Did you try Kwak, if so from a proper Kwak glass? www.amazon.com/Pauwel-Kwak-Beer-Glass-Stand/dp/B008OIGNPG . Bit of an art to it, like a yard of ale.

I don't like the size of the head they sometimes pour in Belgium. It's not that I feel cheated, I just prefer my beer to somewhere near the top of the glass.
Last edited by: smokie on Sun 6 Aug 17 at 17:31

Beer - R.P.
I have had it in the past. There was a very drunken night/morning after a particular gig. I don't exactly recall what or how much I drank. Finished at 3.30am in more than one way/

Beer - Zero
>> Did you try Kwak, if so from a proper Kwak glass?

At over 8% the last thing you need when drinking that is a stupid glass

Beer - smokie
Back in the late 80s we used to go to Ghent for training courses, and there was a bar there which claimed to stock goodness knows how many world beers.

They had this gimmick of a bag like a fishing Keep net on a pulley on the ceiling, and if you ordered a Kwak you had to put a shoe in the net which was hoisted up and not returned to you until you finished with the glass.

Beer - Duncan
>> www.amazon.com/Pauwel-Kwak-Beer-Glass-Stand/dp/B008OIGNPG Buit of an

They can't find that page, it seems. I bet it's the full stop at the end!

Edit.

Cracked it! Duncan (or whatever name I am using) rides to the rescue again!

Thanks, fixed it in my orig post.
Last edited by: smokie on Sun 6 Aug 17 at 17:32

Beer - Hard Cheese
I used to go to Antwerp and Brussels regularly and have tried most Belgian brews though there is nothing like a good British bitter well looked after and served in a straight pint glass.

Beer - CGNorwich
Strange how the dimpled glass tankard disappeared from English pubs . You always used to be offered the choice of a tankard or a glass. Ita apparently making a bit of a comeback with hipsters and their micro breweries.

Beer - Zero
Tankard? Called a Jug in my stomping ground

m.youtube.com/watch?v=62qvbg_n7OU

Beer - Hard Cheese
>> Tankard? Called a Jug in my stomping ground
>>

Likewise (not to be confused with a pair of jugs ...)

Beer - CGNorwich
I seem to remember it being called a mug rather than a jug but whatever you called it it is odd how it dropped out of use. Became deeply unfashionable I suppose. Anyway it's on its way back. Was offered the choice of glass or mug in a pub last week.

Beer - Haywain
"Was offered the choice of glass or mug in a pub last week."

In the Old Cannon, you are asked "straight or handle?".

Beer - CGNorwich
Yes, I had forgotten about the Cannon. You indeed get a choice there. Beer is good too.

Beer - No FM2R

>> In the Old Cannon, you are asked "straight or handle?".

In the Black Horse it was "jug or sleeve?"

Beer - Zero
In the Carpenters Arms, The Quart Pot, and The Castle, it was "Jug or straight"

Beer - tyrednemotional
....in the Ferret and Whippet, it was "mild or bitter"....

;-)

Beer - sooty123
I think there was a bbc article about it, I think they were expensive to produce and the big brewers liked having their beer in branded glasses.

Edit here it is

www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27188915
Last edited by: sooty123 on Sun 6 Aug 17 at 18:03

Beer - tyrednemotional
...back when Pontius was a pilot, SWMBO and myself visited the Zwölf Apostelkeller in Vienna, and quaffed many a Viertel of Müller-Thurgau and the like.

Being served in a 1/4 litre dimpled, handled tankard, meant it was not unlike (in action and capacity, rather than taste) drinking halves of beer.

It rendered quantity judgement somewhat difficult, and made for an "interesting" walk back to the hotel in the early hours.

:-(

Beer - Bromptonaut
>> Strange how the dimpled glass tankard disappeared from English pubs . You always used to
>> be offered the choice of a tankard or a glass.

Ahh yes. Used to like a jug but converted to straight glass on graduating from public bar to lounge.

There was a joke locally in the West Riding where Leeds United team stops at a pub and orders 11 pints. 10 straight glasses and a mug for the goal keeper; Gary Sprake at time.

Beer - Bromptonaut
>> >> Strange how the dimpled glass tankard disappeared from English pubs . You always used
>> to
>> >> be offered the choice of a tankard or a glass.

There was a beer commercial thirty or forty years ago featuring characters who's squabbles included straight glass v mug. Couldn't find a reference last nigh but turned it up this morning:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Abulbul_Amir#Commercial

The reference in the original to 'sons of the Prophet' would cause problems these days.....
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Mon 7 Aug 17 at 07:21

Beer - legacylad
I remember reciting that, both actions and words, at Salem Rugby Club after a few bevvies.
A looooong time ago

Beer - Dog
>>Abdul Abulbul Amir

One of my fave ads - I still sing it occasionally :( www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCvckXYMBEc

Beer - Duncan
>> >>Abdul Abulbul Amir
>>
>> One of my fave ads - I still sing it occasionally

Where you bin?

Beer - Dog
>>Where you bin?

In the Shi'ite (sceptic tank!!!)

Beer - Manatee
>> >>Abdul Abulbul Amir

I have absolutely no recollection of those adverts. We didn't have a TV from setting up home in 1997 until 1981, and we were well habituated to the wireless by then and didn't watch much TV so maybe I just never saw them.

Beer - R.P.
TV from setting up home in 1997 until 1981,

Time went backwards there ?

Beer - stan10
" .. Strange how the dimpled glass tankard disappeared from English pubs . .. "

Oop there where i came from, if someone stood on your foot, spilt your drink, tried to chat up your "bird", or rubbished your football club, you could grasp your pint mug by its handle, and smash it into your "insulters" (is that a word ?) face.

You would be left only holding the handle, but your victim ...

Not funny, i saw a couple of victims of these type of attacks, and to be honest, it scared me to bits, and (nearly) stopped me going into pubs, (hero me !!)

I have always thought that this was a major reason that these mugs disappeared.

Smash a "straight glass" into someones face and you stand a good chance of cutting your own wrists.

Beer - sooty123
>> Did you try Kwak, if so from a proper Kwak glass? www.amazon.com/Pauwel-Kwak-Beer-Glass-Stand/dp/B008OIGNPG. Buit of an
>> art to it, like a yard of ale.

Tried kwak a couple of times not a great fan of its pretty hard going drinkability wise. I like some that has a bit going on taste wise but it's a bit much for me.

Beer - rtj70
Plenty of draft beers to select from here in Brugge: 2be/Dubbel bvba

www.2-be.biz/en/home/

Nice views from the terrace if you can find space too.

Beer - Manatee
I and a few others are going to the GB Beer Festival on Tuesday.

I'll stay until I have had an ample sufficiency of 1/3 pints and then go for the train. I suspect most of the others will carry on beyond that point but I like to remember at least some of the beers I try.

Beer - tyrednemotional
>> I and a few others are going to the GB Beer Festival on Tuesday.

My best man and OH are stewarding; I doubt I can get you free samples, though!

Beer - Manatee
>> My best man and OH are stewarding; I doubt I can get you free samples,
>> though!

I'm going to the trade session, should be interesting.

Beer - tyrednemotional
They are there for that! (and the rest of the week)
Last edited by: tyrednemotional on Sun 6 Aug 17 at 22:36

Beer - legacylad
We went to our own beer festival Friday afternoon in Hebden Bridge. Train then charabanc via Keighley, sat outside several watering holes enjoying the sunshine & people watching, quick pint in the Boltmakers keighley en route home then a top up in Settle & Giggleswick.

Jackies Cafe by the station provided an excellent 'belt buster' fried breakfast in Kly @£4, inc bread, butter & mug of tea. We know how to live oop North

Calories walked off today after a circuitous 14 mile route over Ingleboro before the deluge arrived at 4pm
Last edited by: legacylad on Sun 6 Aug 17 at 22:24

Beer - legacylad
Re: Peroni = Girly drink.

Real men neck pints in the local whilst walking the Whippet

Saltaire Brewery last Friday night of the month. £5 entry includes free pint, then all subsequent pints are £2.

Peroni my backside.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 7 Aug 17 at 10:37

Beer - CGNorwich
Peroni is the Italian for gnat's pee. 60 for £6 wouldn't tempt me.
 Beer - smokie
I thought I'd posted a similar comment earlier but obviously not... pretentious pee if you ask me!

Beer - Stuartli
Are you sure you're not confusing it with Foster's? :-) :-)

Beer - commerdriver
>> Peroni is the Italian for gnat's pee. 60 for £6 wouldn't tempt me.
>>
Popular among the younger generation, My younger lad's pint of choice.
I'm a Guinness man myself

Beer - No FM2R

>> Real men neck pints in the local whilst walking the Whippet

Or watch rugby....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO0_15LOYCA

Beer - Stuartli
I'm a Guinness man...:-)

Beer - Manatee
I'll drink Guinness when there's no decent brown beer, but it is still a kegged pastiche. Being sterile it never goes off, so should be consistent, but it does seem to acquire a metallic taste in a pub where there are not enough regular drinkers of it. A keg can have been on for weeks in some locals.

I agree that Peroni and the like are muckment, in Yorkshire parlance. Peroni, Fosters, Carling etc are disgusting as is evident when they are drunk at ambient temperature. But it's a free country, for now at least.

Give me pint of Timothy Taylor's Golden Best or Boltmaker in preference to a gallon of any of them.

Beer - Stuartli
There have been problems in many pubs and clubs in my area due to a faulty batch supply of gas - many licensees have been complaining bitterly about how much waste of beer, Guinness etc there has been as a result.

Beer - legacylad
I used to drink in the Boltmakers Arms ( Keighley) several nights a week after work, waiting for the 18:30 train home to Settle
V friendly local pub

Beer - Hard Cheese
I generally drink bitter, often spoiled for choice these days, and sometimes cider. Though I enjoy a Peroni with a pizza in one of the better pizzerias, whereas Fosters and Carling are like gnat's pee ...

Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 7 Aug 17 at 10:37

Beer - Bromptonaut
>> I generally drink bitter, often spoiled for choice these days, and sometimes cider. Though I
>> enjoy a Peroni with a pizza in one of the better pizzerias, whereas Fosters and
>> Carling are like gnat's pee ...

Drinking in a Pub I prefer bitter but it's not a product that transitions easily to cans, though there are decent bottled products. More likely to drink lager at home for ease of storage.

Trouble with foreign beers sold in UK is that a lot of them are brewed here supposedly to suit local tastes. San Miguel from big supermarkets is 5% abv and lacking in taste. Nick at village store occasionally sources proper stuff which is 5.5 and has taste. When Fosters first came to UK some places sold large cans of an 'export' version with more taste/alcohol.

Polish brews like Tyskie are pretty good compared Stella and other pee

Beer - Zero

>> Trouble with foreign beers sold in UK is that a lot of them are brewed
>> here supposedly to suit local tastes.

Peroni we get here is still brewed in Italy. Of the italian brews I prefer Birra Moretti.

Beer - Lygonos
>>Of the italian brews I prefer Birra Moretti.

As it happens I enjoyed a couple of jars of Moretti last weekend staying at a chalet/lodge in Dumfrieshire - very nice.

Not a huge drinker but made a rather excellent G&T last night using shaved grapefruit peel as well as a slice of lemon.

Just a small one tho - work in the morning for us non-retirees.

Beer - Haywain
"using shaved grapefruit peel"

Just a small one, tho - us retirees are on statins ;-)

Beer - sooty123
Of the italian brews I prefer
>> Birra Moretti.
>>

Yes it's a pleasant beer like you i think it has the edge on peroni.

Tried this? www.beersofeurope.co.uk/menabrea I had a couple from there, not made my mind up on it yet. Available from tesco as well now.

Btw if any likes beers, ales, ciders etc take a trip to beers of europe. I don't think you'll find more selection of booze in the uk.

Beer - henry k
These Surrey pubs are serving beer for just £1.30 a pint to celebrate brewery's 25th birthday

www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/surrey-pubs-serving-beer-just-13498666#ICID=nsm

If you want to join in the celebration, get along to one of these pubs at 6pm on August 24. They will each be selling a cask of TEA ( Traditional English Ale ) at 1992 prices, but when it's gone, it's gone.

The White Hart, Tongham.

The Shepherd and Flock, The Wheatsheaf and The Nelson Arms, Farnham.

The Duke of Cambridge, Tilford .

The Stag on the River, Eashing.

The Withies, Compton .

The Three Horseshoes, Thursley .

The Hen and Chicken, Bisley .

The King's Head, Guildford .

Last edited by: henry k on Sat 19 Aug 17 at 10:59

Beer - Mapmaker
88 pints per pub. That'll be a scrum!

Flymo strimmer & edger - Falkirk Bairn
My Flymo was about 8/9 year old & literally fell apart - all the plastic clips broke - buying all the spares would have been some £30!

Bought a new one - 500XT - double corded about 3 months ago £53 - a "good buy"
It's great - more powerful motor - it rips into the long stuff & does great edging.

Now available @ Argos for £33 - if you need an electric strimmer/edger it is worth a look
& at that price I reckon it is now a "GREAT BUY"

www.argos.co.uk/product/7304046

Meerkat Movies - legacylad
I'd heard about this '2 for the price of 1' deal so investigated last night. Buy a policy, or somesuch from 'compare the market' and get virtually half price cinema entry at certain larger chains when two people go. Tuesdays and Wednesdsys only.
So last night I bought a travel policy, one day only, in the UK @ a cost of £1.85! Membership validated when I got in from work this evening, printed out the voucher and train to Vue cinema in Leeds with a pal. Total cost £9.30 for the two of us.
Sounds complicated. It isn't. Add on rail fare and beers afterwards @£3.20 a pint and it's a £20 night out so not cheap, but a worthwhile exercise
So two consecutive days out in Leeds. That's my share of big city life for one month!

Virgin East Coast - legacylad
For those of us oop North who actually enjoy visiting London, here is an opportunity to obtain cheap rail tickets... sale ends Monday 28/09 I think

We have just booked £22 Leeds > Kings X return, inc specific forward facing seats with table in quiet coach

Staying at Richmond Travelodge for a few nights... I've never been to Richmond ( London) but I'm advised that it's pleasant enough, nice pubs serving horrendously expensive beer, easy Tube access to central London. Just need to locate a cheap place for breakfast. £96 for two nights in Oct, so £24 pppn if sharing which even I ( deep pockets, short arms) think is ok!

Virgin East Coast - Duncan
For breakfast have a look round across the road from the station.

Some nice pubs off the Green.

Last edited by: Duncan on Fri 25 Aug 17 at 08:11

Virgin East Coast - sherlock47
daughter works in Richmond - a cafe that you will struggle to find - go down the alley way shown in street view 'behind the ladder' , between Caia and Cards Galore,and then "round the back of of the office block"

She describes it as a true cafe (the only one in Richmond), staffed by mature irish ladies who give as good as they get!!

tinyurl.com/ycjoxtp2
Last edited by: R.P. on Fri 25 Aug 17 at 09:27

Virgin East Coast - legacylad
Thanks Sherlock. Duly noted
Hope they serve breakfast?....a friend was in Rchmond a few weeks ago walking the Thames Path with his daughters, and they took him to a place called the Ivy. He still hasn't got over the price shock. It wasn't a £4.99 Full English belt buster.

Amazon Echo - smokie
I see Amazon have knocked £50 off the Echo this weekend only, now £99.

I'm sure I don't need one but I do love a gadget.

Has anyone got one, and found it does anything remotely useful?

www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-SK705DI-Echo-Black/dp/B01GAGVIE4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503838595&sr=8-1&keywords=alexa
Last edited by: smokie on Sun 27 Aug 17 at 19:09

Amazon Echo - R.P.
My sister bought one. She loves it. I'm a gadget man - not for me though.

Amazon Echo - zippy
Echo.

Love it. Got one on their last sale for 79.99 I think.

I have barely scratched the surface, but its great at streaming music, giving weather forecasts, setting alarms, using it as a radio etc.

As I write this mine is currently playing Pink Floyd's The Division Bell.

Silly things. It tells terrible, truly terrible jokes.

Ask it if it knows Hal.

50% off Vauxhall Accessories - VxFan
Might be useful for someone with a Vauxhall.

50% off accessories at your local Vauxhall dealer from 20th to 30th October.

www.vauxhall.co.uk/owners_services/accessories/accessories.html

50% off Vauxhall Accessories - Dog
Erm, not many posters 'ere are fortunate enuff to own a Vauxhall m8, apart from ewe.

50% off Vauxhall Accessories - commerdriver
>> Erm, not many posters 'ere are fortunate enuff to own a Vauxhall m8, apart from
>> ewe.
>>
bunch of snobs :-)
1 son and 1 daughter in law run Vauxhalls, thanks for the info Vx

50% off Vauxhall Accessories - Haywain
"Might be useful for someone with a Vauxhall."

Thanks for the heads-up VxF, but I can't think of anything that the ol' Astra needs at the moment.

50% off Vauxhall Accessories - smokie
Nothing there for my rather exclusive Vx Ampera... :-(

I'm sure we've done this before, but you know there is a Vx owners service club which gives 20% or so off servicing and cheap MOTs. Free to join... if anyone needs it I'll look out eh URL.

50% off Vauxhall Accessories - VxFan
Well I've just got a set of 4 carpet mats for my Astra. Retail at £60, cheapest I could find them on the net was for £44. With the 50% discount I got them for £30. That's only a couple of quid dearer than what the cheaper thinner ones usually retail at.

Waitrose booze - Zero
Waitrose

Goose Island Goose Fest Bier, 6 bottle pack, usually 10 quid - now 6 quid.

Just through my first batch, a nice ale, very amber for a US pale ale, nice mix of sweet and bitterness.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 25 Oct 17 at 20:25

Latest Forum Posts