Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen Polo V - Long Delivery Delays Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Johnno Replies: 15

Volkswagen Polo V - Long Delivery Delays - Johnno
I ordered a new Polo for my wife in May and was promised it would be ready for collection in September but as of today it is still showing as "In Transit" so it hasn't even reached the UK and it goes on to say that after arriving in the UK it will take on average three weeks to be ready for collection !! So, September aint going to happen.
However, discussing this with friends today I learnt that one of them ordered an Audi S3 for September delivery and is in exactly the same position as us and he has heard of others who likewise are in the dark about delivery dates for VWs and Audis, so it looks like the VAG group have problems.
Does anyone out there know what the problem is ? and how long these delays might extend to - i.e. is it worth cutting losses and cancelling the deals ?
 Volkswagen Polo V - Long Delivery Delays - ....
Have you gone for a high interest option? A new CO2 friendly engine for example.

Some Volvo customers have seen very long wait times if they have opted for the new D4 VEA engine.
They appear to be speeding up now, some people have been waiting 5 months+ for their cars.
Last edited by: gmac on Sat 6 Sep 14 at 17:32
 Volkswagen Polo V - Long Delivery Delays - Bill Payer
I wonder if that's because prices are higher elsewhere in Europe - sales have been booming this year, but generally seemed to slow in August.
 Volkswagen Polo V - Long Delivery Delays - Runfer D'Hills
I'd have to admit I'd not have the patience to wait very long for a car to be delivered. Not to criticise anyone who has of course. Just that I'd almost certainly just go and get something which was available now rather than wait. Probably not my best characteristic I suppose.
 Volkswagen Polo V - Long Delivery Delays - Zero

>> Does anyone out there know what the problem is ? and how long these delays
>> might extend to - i.e. is it worth cutting losses and cancelling the deals ?

There is no problem, this is typical wait times for VAG products. As for cancelling and cutting your losses, with only three or four weeks to go? Either you want it you don't but don't cut your nose off to spite your face.
 Volkswagen Polo V - Long Delivery Delays - Armel Coussine
>> Either you want it you don't but don't cut your nose off to spite your face.

Sound advice Zero.

But it's a bit tiresome to have to add a month mentally to the delivery promise every time. Good sense of course, but why can't these damn salesmen tell the truth like us journalists?

:o}
 Volkswagen Polo V - Long Delivery Delays - CGNorwich
And remember that a day or two after it has been delivered that new car which you have yearned for for months will have just become "the car" sitting on your drive and you won't give it a second thought.

Anticipation is often the best thing about buying stuff. Nearly always better than ownership.
 Volkswagen Polo V - Long Delivery Delays - Lygonos
European car sales are apparently in the doldrums just now - 20%+ discounts available on BMW/Merc/Audi other than the small models.

>> European car sales are apparently in the doldrums just now - 20%+ discounts available on
>> BMW/Merc/Audi other than the small models.
>>
They had picked up this year, but it's a bit erratic and the Germany economy has gone very wobbly due to Russian sanctions.
 Volkswagen Polo V - Long Delivery Delays - rtj70
The original poster does not provide too many facts. Not from what I read earlier - only now replying.

So the Polo order - I assume he has ordered it before the model was updated? So it was not possible to get a factory build before the new revised model was out. So has had to wait? Or was he promised a car from old stock? Factory orders ended in May 2014.

The S3 model type hasn't been mentioned - hatchback, Sportback or Saloon? The A3 saloon has long lead times. I know because I have one on order - not an S3.

The original estimate for the A3 saloon for me was late December. This was from Audi UK. Dealers have allocated quotas so delays are inevitable. Estimated lead time for mine was March next year! But the date kept coming forward and now looks like early October. In fact it is being made next week - week 37.

So for the Polo and S3 order - what is the built week being quoted? It's an important piece of info.

If a car is ordered from a dealer with a large order book already (they have quotas) then the time can be long. Another dealer might have got it sooner.

Both my new car and the Passat CC came from VAG UK ordering process and then allocated to a dealer. So queue jumped I guess.

PS Looking at delivery estimates for other cars can be interesting. My lease company can't currently order Audi A6 DSG cars.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sat 6 Sep 14 at 22:32
>> PS Looking at delivery estimates for other cars can be interesting. My lease company can't
>> currently order Audi A6 DSG cars.
>>

It's being facelifted.
 Volkswagen Polo V - Long Delivery Delays - rtj70
>> It's being face lifted.

What is? Just the S-Tronic/DSG models? How's that a facelift?
>> >> It's being face lifted.
>>
>> What is? Just the S-Tronic/DSG models? How's that a facelift?
>>

A6.

I'm guessing here but it could be the lease prices haven't been confirmed for the new model. Or they don't want to be stuffed with the old model. Or they think customers might kick-off if they get an old one just as the new one appears. Whatever, easier for the lease company to just stop customers ordering them 'till the air clears.
I re-read your post and realise you might be referring specifically to DSG - however I just looked at the Audi website and it has "TBC" for all A6 pricing.

As it doesn't show the 'old' model at all, I would take that to mean they're pretty thin on the ground now.
Last edited by: Bill Payer on Sun 7 Sep 14 at 10:34
 Volkswagen Polo V - Long Delivery Delays - mikeyb
A colleague ordered a new polo for his wife. Think order was placed late July / early August with a promise of end of early October. I'll ask him if he's had any update

Edit - she added a few factory options as well, so it wont be "standard" build
Last edited by: mikeyb on Sun 7 Sep 14 at 10:42
 Volkswagen Polo V - Long Delivery Delays - ....
I don't think there is a standard build today. With JiT each car is built to a standard.
You'll probably find a market or a large dealer chain order a number of same spec vehicles to which they can customize with dealer fit options.
Latest Forum Posts