Non-motoring > Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 15

Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - R.P.
Continuing debate.

PLEASE NOTE:-

To try and maintain some kind of logical order of discussion, if you start a new subject then reply to this post.
 Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - Robin O'Reliant
It says a lot about the Labour Party when Ed Miliband is urging the present leader to stand down because he has no credibility.

Crisis, what crisis?
 Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - sooty123
How many in the shadow cabinet have gone in the last couple of days, 20 odd? They seem to be going faster than he can replace them.
 Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - rtj70
Two of the newly appointed ones have even resigned. What crisis?
 Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - Runfer D'Hills
I think it's shame that there is no credible Labour Party right now. I'm not what you might call a natural Labour voter, my views are soft right and so far I've always found myself voting, sometimes reluctantly mind you, for the Conservatives. But particularly in light of recent events I feel strongly that we've never more needed strong politicians with clear and believable messages.

I'd like to think that I'll vote for the party which in due course seems most in line with my opinions and not for the one with any particular name.

Who will that be? I really don't know yet, but if one of them pulls together a credible team, who appear to be honest, and they state intentions I mostly agree with, they'll get my vote over one that has weak, or proven dishonest leaders.

I couldn't vote for a Corbyn led Labour Party but I also couldn't vote for Boris led Tory party. I find Boris quite amusing, but I don't want him as my Prime Minister. Maybe they're all liars, but we now know he definitely is. I wont do business with liars, I won't have liars as friends and I sure as hell won't deliberately vote for one.

Interesting times.

Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - Robin O'Reliant
There must be a real possibility of an SDP type split in the Labour party. Following the three quid a ticket fiasco which got Corbyn elected - and quite likely re-elected - the PLP and the grassroots are miles apart. Labour MPs are aware that if Corbyn is still here at the next election they face a humiliating defeat and the diehards on the left will continue to pursue ideals out of step with the electorate no matter what. I too think we desperately need a credible opposition to keep the government honest.

Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - Runfer D'Hills
Well, that might be the shake up we need. Maybe, in these times of great change, we need a new approach, not a re-worked old approach. No matter which box you put a cross in last Thursday, it can't have escaped anyone's notice that we have tough times ahead and if ever we needed clever, decent people running the show its now.
 Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - No FM2R
I've always struggled with voting Conservative or Labour; its always a compromise.

Both are full of a lying bunch of useless gits and neither are mostly right.

The conservatives tend to be slightly less s***e with the economy.
 Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - tyrednemotional
>> The conservatives tend to be slightly less s***e with the economy.
>>

...but are proving pretty poor on the referendum front........ ;-)
 Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - fluffy
Labour under Jeremy Corbyn are unelectable.

God knows how many Labour M.P,s will be elected after the next General election.

My view is under 100 Labour M.P.s will win their seats after the General election is called.
 Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - Falkirk Bairn
Tories in disarray brought on by Europe - time for Labour to strike & they are currently unelectable - the UK Voter is really centre right or centre left.

Corbyn has had the same left left wing stance all his life. His closest followers cannot see that they might win the leader Election BUT they stand no chance of winning a GeneralElection based on left left politics. Many " natural Labour Voters have gone UKIP, SNP or just failing to vote as the policies put forward by the existing parties does not turn them on enough to actually vote.

Labour has run Scottish Local Government for some 50/60 years - in 10 years they have lost most councils, are a minority in Holyrood & have 1 MP - they had some 50 MPs for the last 40 years.

Repeat that in England & they will be a Lib/Dem sized Party in no time.
 Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - fluffy
Why wont Corbyn quit.
 Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - Bromptonaut
>> Why wont Corbyn quit.

It's all in the papers.
 Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - rtj70
He's on a power trip?

He's really a Tory in disguise and has been a sleeper in the Labour party for decades waiting his chance to do damage?
 Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - sooty123
By all accounts still hugely popular with the ordinary members though and gaining 8000 new members a day since the vote. He's doing something right with some people.
 Labour Leader Thread - Volume 11 - Falkirk Bairn
>>He's doing something right with some people.

He appeals to the left left wing of Labour & many active Union Members.

However, the majority of the UK Voters are Centre (Left & Right)

He can win the election to be a leader of a Left facing Labour party members.

He is, however, unelectable in the view of the General Public and could lead Labour into a sharp decline - Scotland has 1 Labour MP - 10 years ago there were 50.

Without Scotland & Wales returning lots of Labour MPs Labour's chances of being a government fall.

With UKIP taking a lot a former Labour Voters even Northern England cannot guarantee a big number of Labour MPs - so the loony left will force Labour to be even less electable than they were with Milliband 14 months ago.
Latest Forum Posts