Computer Related > A shared calendar? Computing Issues
Thread Author: Haywain Replies: 12

A shared calendar? - Haywain
Thank you for the comments and apologies for my tardiness in responding; my excuse is that I stayed behind in the bar after watching a football match. I should give more of an explanation and describe the kit at our disposal......

My son and DiL lead busy, but not well-paid lives (artist and classical musician); the costs of child-care would be beyond their reach so my wife and I are delighted to step in and help look after their 18-month old daughter. However, although retired, we have lives too - so we would like a straightforward method of sharing a simple diary for the 4 of us so that e.g. we can blank out days/part-days when we are doing our own things. We have a variety of Macs, Mac-books, i-Pads and smart phones though I would rather use the phones as we have them with us all the time and there's no demand for the information to be shared with the other devices. The four of us have 3 Androids and one has an i-Phone. New additions and amendments are happening as time rolls on, though not usually beyond 2-months into the future.

I mentioned WhatsApp because we have various groups for sharing messages, including a family group; my first thought was that maybe there is something simple along those lines that could be set up for 4 individuals to share a common calendar dedicated to our child-minding activities.

I'll check out the possibilities mentioned by your good-selves and I suppose I should ask my DiL - who is a bright spark and may use something at work.

Thanks. H
 Messages Author Date
 A shared calendar? new Haywain 27 Aug 18 11:40
 A shared calendar? new tyrednemotional 27 Aug 18 12:07
 A shared calendar? new No FM2R 27 Aug 18 12:24
 A shared calendar? new No FM2R 27 Aug 18 12:31
 A shared calendar? new sherlock47 27 Aug 18 12:36
 A shared calendar? new Manatee 27 Aug 18 14:09
 A shared calendar? new tyrednemotional 27 Aug 18 14:39
 A shared calendar? new rtj70 27 Aug 18 17:43
 A shared calendar? new neiltoo 27 Aug 18 19:00
 A shared calendar? new Haywain 27 Aug 18 21:24