Motoring Discussion > Insurance quotes for a yet to be qualified driver Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Slightlyfatdirector Replies: 7

Insurance quotes for a yet to be qualified driver - Slightlyfatdirector
Many thanks!

I was nervous to enter her details and tick the box for her having passed her test if actually at the point of getting the quote she would not have done, and knowing that the insurance industry takes a dim view of false information this is why I was cautious.

Getting an accurate quote for her as a learner yet to pass her test was not so easy as they charge a lot less when you are a learner than they do after you have passed and there was no easy way to find out what it would change to after passing.

We called one of the insurance companies who actually said that any figure they gave as an estimate would not even be vaguely reliable as premiums and their attitude to them can vary significantly from day to day so they could not help.

The on-line ‘chat’ bit on the website of an insurance company with a phone on wheels and an annoying jingle was helpful, (I have no links with them) and they said to put on the online quote system that she had passed, and as the quote would be valid for 30 days, then if she could be reasonably expected to have reached that status at that time then they were happy, so I took a couple of screen-shots of this conversation and was quite content.

Different insurance groups indicate some differences, but not how that might translate into £’s.
Interestingly a DS3 was up to an insurance group 18, whereas a Clio is an 8.

The good news is that she passed and has a more than suitable car on the drive, and with an insurance quote that I thought was very good, so happy days.
 Messages Author Date
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be qualified.. new Slightlyfatdirector 12 Jun 19 13:16
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be qualifie.. new Crankcase 12 Jun 19 13:59
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be qualifie.. new No FM2R 12 Jun 19 14:13
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be qualifi.. new Zero 12 Jun 19 23:02
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be qua.. new Slightlyfatdirector 13 Aug 19 12:37
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be quali.. new wotspur 15 Mar 20 17:06
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be qua.. new Slightlyfatdirector 16 Mar 20 13:31
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be qu.. new No FM2R 16 Mar 20 13:44
Latest Forum Posts