Motoring Discussion > Insurance quotes for a yet to be qualified driver Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Slightlyfatdirector Replies: 7

Insurance quotes for a yet to be qualified driver - Slightlyfatdirector
Thanks Wotspur. We ended up 'speaking' with Directline via an online chat just before she passed her test.

They were happy to give an online quote with her filling it in as if she had passed her test (even though at that point she had not) and they said that is was valid for a certain period of time so if she passed then all was good, but if not then the quote would expire.

As it was she passed, and on comparing prices at that point DirectLine were still the cheapest by a margin so the cover was purchased (with a black box with no restrictions like others) at the quoted price. I think it was £1,200 for a 68 plate 0.9 litre Clio but memory a bit rusty on that. Might have been £1,400 after we added on some extras, but good value I think.

Be interesting what it goes to at renewal..

You can see online how you have been rated by the black box for each drive. Interesting to see how I have been scoring when I have used her car when she has been away for a couple of weeks at a time and I am occasionally driving it....
 Messages Author Date
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be qualified.. new Slightlyfatdirector 12 Jun 19 13:16
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be qualifie.. new Crankcase 12 Jun 19 13:59
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be qualifie.. new No FM2R 12 Jun 19 14:13
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be qualifi.. new Zero 12 Jun 19 23:02
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be qualif.. new Slightlyfatdirector 13 Aug 19 12:37
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be quali.. new wotspur 15 Mar 20 17:06
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be .. new Slightlyfatdirector 16 Mar 20 13:31
 Insurance quotes for a yet to be qu.. new No FM2R 16 Mar 20 13:44
Latest Forum Posts