Motoring Discussion > Insurance pleasant renewal Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 8

Insurance pleasant renewal - Falkirk Bairn
>I could pocket the equivalent of over two years salary and put my feet up.

I have 2 sons working in the same industry - they are in their 40s and still many years to work hopefully.

Son #1 - Danish company exiting the industry to concentrate on their #1 business - 200+ redundancies as new French company takes over. 6 weeks pay per year (danish rules apply)- there were people with some 30+ years and aged around the 55 -60 ish mark - 3+ years redundancy money for them - many who worked beside my son walked into equally well paid jobs within a few months, a few finished on the Friday & started on the Monday.

Son#2 - Today, 1st October 800 employees transfer from US owner to a much smaller UK owner. This has been on the cards for 2 years or so but only confirmed 6 mths ago. Many senior employees, 55+ have been there 30+ years (some since graduation) & on the point of retiring or at least thinking about it. They were rubbing their hands at the prospect of an early Xmas. No redundancies, no early retiring with boosts in years to their final salary pensions............. same job, name above the door changes............... some reckon it is a 12 month reorganisation exercise with big job losses at the end of it.

Messages Author Date
 Insurance pleasant renewal new Bobby 18 Sep 19 17:05
 Insurance pleasant renewal new Bobby 29 Sep 19 20:43
 Insurance pleasant renewal new Kevin 29 Sep 19 21:30
 Insurance pleasant renewal new smokie 29 Sep 19 23:34
 Insurance pleasant renewal new Duncan 30 Sep 19 08:22
 Insurance pleasant renewal new tyrednemotional 30 Sep 19 10:25
 Insurance pleasant renewal new Zero 30 Sep 19 10:57
 Insurance pleasant renewal new Kevin 30 Sep 19 19:46
 Insurance pleasant renewal new Falkirk Bairn 1 Oct 19 07:21
Latest Forum Posts