Non-motoring > Anti facial recognition... Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 22

Anti facial recognition... - No FM2R
This is impressive....

www.deidentification.co/

As I understand it, it removes detail from the photograph that the human brain does not use yet a computer relies upon.

I'd use it; not that I care about being ID'd much, just to screw with the watchers.
 Anti facial recognition... - Zero

>> I'd use it; not that I care about being ID'd much, just to screw with
>> the watchers.

How? Its not like "those who watch" are going to phone you up and ask to use your anonymised image, they are using live images from live video feeds. Its not like you are wearing a mask.

And your passport/driving license images you send up are checked to see if any changes have been made to them, and are rejected if there have been.
I think you might be taking my comment a bit too seriously, but as it happened it was the likes of Facebook and similar I had in my mind.
 Anti facial recognition... - helicopter
youtu.be/_lcEhZm8iUE

The current facial recognition technology it seems comes a long way second to the Mark 1 eyeball of these superrecognisers.

I have met the DCI in the film who set up the superrecogniser unit, Mike Neville ,who is now running his own business and I will be attending one of his lectures at the end of this month. Be interesting to hear his views on the subject.
 Anti facial recognition... - Kevin
>..comes a long way second to the Mark 1 eyeball of these superrecognisers.

I have an excellent memory for faces but couldn't tell you anyone's name an hour after being introduced to them for the first time.
Last edited by: Kevin on Sat 4 Jan 20 at 20:40
>> >..comes a long way second to the Mark 1 eyeball of these superrecognisers.

If you as a human were sat at waterloo station in rush hours and saw 100,000 faces in three hours you wouldn't be able to recall any of them 24 hours later.

The computer would.
 Anti facial recognition... - CGNorwich
That's not quite the point is it? the test is surely if a machine was checking a video of the crowd against a data base of photos how many would it pick out compared with a human "super recogniser"?
>> That's not quite the point is it? the test is surely if a machine was
>> checking a video of the crowd against a data base of photos how many would
>> it pick out compared with a human "super recogniser"?

That is entirely the point of facial recognition, mass scanning, storage and fast retrieval/recognition.

Take the crowd. Give your "super recogniser" a seat at wembley, tell them to scan every of the 100,000 faces in the 90 minutes they are there, then tell them to recognise that face in a crime 6 weeks later? and match it against the seat number
And in the scenario I gave who would perform best?
But thats not why facial recognition was designed, and not the way its used, you are trying to say apples are better pears than pears.

You have to bear in mind, its not just "pick a face" Its context, timing, location, frequency, patterns.

Could a "super recogniser" have tracked the russian spire enthusiasts across southern england?
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 4 Jan 20 at 21:52
No I’m not. I’m simply posing a question. Do you have an answer?
As its an out of context question, no.
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 4 Jan 20 at 22:02
Any one interested in AI including facial recognition might like to read “Hello World” by the mathematician Hanna Fry. It’s a really good introduction to the subject..
To answer Zero's question, it was apparently two of the Met's super recognisers who identified the Russian spire enthusiasts .

They were able to make the identifications after trawling through over 3000 hours of CCTV from Salisbury and various airports.

To put this in context , that is 125 days worth of CCTV footage with presumably 10s if not 100s of thousands of faces to look at and remember. A prodigous feat of memory in anyones book.
 Anti facial recognition... - tyrednemotional
>> I have met the DCI in the film who set up the superrecogniser unit, Mike
>> Neville ,who is now running his own business and I will be attending one of
>> his lectures at the end of this month. Be interesting to hear his views on
>> the subject.
>>

...be interesting to see if he recognises you.....!
I do not believe that he has the ability of some of his employees Mark, but I am fairly sure he will remember me as we both are members of the same group who meet regularly.

I have been to several of his lectures on crime related subjects in the past. A very interesting guy .

Anti facial recognition... - zippy
www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/05/16/moment-man-fined-90-hiding-face-police-facial-recognition-cameras-9571463/amp/

I think I would have covered up as well!

Mind you, I wonder how much is mis-reported, I think the fine was for swearing.

It’s a poor state of affairs when the police think they have the right to track the populations movements.
 Anti facial recognition... - Duncan
That's old.
 Anti facial recognition... - smokie
... but relevant
 Anti facial recognition... - Bromptonaut
>> I think I would have covered up as well!
>>
>> Mind you, I wonder how much is mis-reported, I think the fine was for swearing.

I suspect that he failed the attitude test and once he started effin and jeffin a FPN based on that was inevitable. A calm question about what law was being broken by wearing a hood and turned up collar would have been far more productive.
>>I suspect that he failed the attitude test

From the various and varying reports that would seem to be almost certainly the case.
 Anti facial recognition... - Fullchat
It doesn't mention it at all but I wonder if there was a Sec 60 order in place giving the Police the power to request facial/head coverings to be removed. Usually invoked for gatherings where there is potential for public order issues.

You cant normally just randomly get people to remove facial coverings because they want to photograph them.

Officers are not supposed to be 'harassed alarmed and distressed by torrents of hurty words.

www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1994/33/section/60AA
Last edited by: Fullchat on Sun 5 Jan 20 at 22:54
Latest Forum Posts