Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of ownership
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 9

Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of ownership - No FM2R
To be fair in the whole time I had mine it cost me the fuel and a couple of service - which were expensive, but not killer. Tyre cost was the worst - damage one, replace 4. Until you build up your own stock of part used.

It was a fantastic car and I loved every moment of it, especially bearing in mind how far ahead of it's time it was. It was without doubt the best car I have ever owned, and it had some strong competition. It had no faults, nothing I didn't love. No passenger ever failed to be impresed.

But you would have to be out of your tiny mind to own one of these out of warranty. I forget the exact figures now but a small pipe on the power steering was replaced under warranty. and it was something like £14 for the part and £1,400 for the labour.

I tried to watch the video but I'm afraid I'd have slit my own wrists if I'd tried to continue beyond 30 seconds. However, I got the impression that he bought an older, luxury vehicle and then tried to maintian and service it like it was brand new. Bit dumb really.
 Messages Author Date
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of owne.. new Lygonos 23 Mar 20 17:26
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of .. new No FM2R 23 Mar 20 19:12
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of ow.. new Lygonos 23 Mar 20 20:59
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of o.. new zippy 23 Mar 20 21:06
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of .. new Duncan 23 Mar 20 21:23
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of .. new No FM2R 24 Mar 20 01:03
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost o.. new No FM2R 24 Mar 20 03:25
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of o.. new No FM2R 24 Mar 20 01:02
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of .. new The Melting Snowman 24 Mar 20 10:02
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost o.. new Shiny 28 Mar 20 11:12
Latest Forum Posts