Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of ownership
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 9

Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of ownership - No FM2R
£65k over 4 years is silly. At best he's a very slow learner.

It's a while ago but as I recall I paid about £60k for mine and sold it around 4 years later for about £35k. So that was around £500 per month depreciation.

I simply don't remember what servicing cost but it was b****** expensive, that I do know. £1,000 a go, or something like that. It probably had 4 of those.

As far as I can recall the only other money I spent was about £3k on tyres.

So it cost me about £700 per month or something like that.

When I wa looking to replace it with an S Class I worked out that depreciation alone on the Merc was £1,100 per month.

But don't rely on me, I don't really rememvber the figures very well. I do remember that it was 100% worth the money and I would have kept it forever were it not for the warranty / maintenance & repair cost concern.

Ultimately my inablity to find a better car to replace it with was why I lost all interest in paying stupid money for the latest exec toys and so spent a few years down at the 10yr old BMW / Volvo / Merc area - and very hppily and successfullly too.

Now I buy around the £30k 12 month old 4WD SUV stuff and drive it for as long as possible. Which I like.

Current is a Nissan Murano which I have grown to hate and a Ford Explorer which I really enjoy.

I'd have another Phaeton now, but only if I could buy it for money that I could afford to throw away if it broke - which it probably wouldn't but it might, and if it did the repair costs would be monstrous.
 Messages Author Date
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of owne.. new Lygonos 23 Mar 20 17:26
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of own.. new No FM2R 23 Mar 20 19:12
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of ow.. new Lygonos 23 Mar 20 20:59
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of o.. new zippy 23 Mar 20 21:06
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of .. new Duncan 23 Mar 20 21:23
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of .. new No FM2R 24 Mar 20 01:03
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost o.. new No FM2R 24 Mar 20 03:25
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost o.. new No FM2R 24 Mar 20 01:02
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost of .. new The Melting Snowman 24 Mar 20 10:02
 Volkswagen Phaeton - Phaeton cost o.. new Shiny 28 Mar 20 11:12
Latest Forum Posts