Non-motoring > "Clave Unica" Buying / Selling
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 22

"Clave Unica" - No FM2R
>> We don’t want them

That is, at least, honest which the pretend issue of security is not.

>> because we don’t want to be asked to prove who we are when walking down the street which is what will happen.

I live in a Third World, Latin country with ID cards and military police. And even here the police are not permitted to ask for your ID card without reason. About the same set of reasons that a policeman in the UK can ask for your name and address.

They are used far more frequently for when one wishes to prove ones identity and doesn't want someone else to be able to pretend it is theirs.

>> You see it everyday here. Cops asking for people to identify themselves when there is
>> no legal obligation to. They then make up some excuse to search for driving licences
>> or bank cards.

Garbage.

You have a chip on your shoulder about the Police. I very much doubt you are as well travelled as I am, even within the UK. I also doubt very much that you have spent a lot of time with the sort of people that I have - you'd need to understand my extended family to understand - and I'm damn b***** sure that you haven't fallen foul of the laws and had to engage with the police as a customer of theirs quite as much as I have over the years.

And I have never seen this fascist police oppression with the prevalence and frequency that you insist occurs.

>> Totally unnecessary. If you have done nothing wrong then there is no need to present
>> ID.

Garbage.

When using your credit card, for example? How about when withdrawing cash from your bank? Collecting a package? Picking up a prescription? etc. etc.

You're letting your paranoia and obsessions blinker you.

>>You can bet on introduction the law would change to “present your card or else”!

Garbage. How would that work any differently to or be more legal than "give me your name and address or else"??

>> Then there is the cost. In 2010 it was going to cost billions. It will
>> be even more billions now. That’s money we need in other parts of the economy.

Ah, so your objection is cost? Then why mention all the other crap?

>> Not some glorified government IT project when they can’t even get Excel workbooks right!

Ah, so your objection is that it would be difficult? Then why mention all the other crap?

I'd like them to bring in a voluntary scheme and then watch what happens when the world at large refuses to compensate any victim of credit card etc. crime who doesn't have one.

Where if someone steals your ID and you don't have an ID card it's your own bad luck and no compensation is available.

How much would it save if you couldn't get NHS treatment or Education without an ID card to present? Billions, if you listen to Farage.
 Messages Author Date
 "Clave Unica" new No FM2R 14 Oct 20 17:39
 "Clave Unica" new Bromptonaut 14 Oct 20 17:44
 "Clave Unica" new No FM2R 14 Oct 20 17:49
 "Clave Unica" new zippy 14 Oct 20 19:47
 "Clave Unica" new No FM2R 14 Oct 20 20:33
 "Clave Unica" new sooty123 14 Oct 20 20:48
 "Clave Unica" new No FM2R 14 Oct 20 21:54
 "Clave Unica" new zippy 14 Oct 20 23:13
 "Clave Unica" new No FM2R 15 Oct 20 02:51
 "Clave Unica" new Zero 14 Oct 20 20:52
 "Clave Unica" new zippy 14 Oct 20 19:55