Non-motoring > "Clave Unica" Buying / Selling
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 22

"Clave Unica" - zippy
>>Farage

Really? The blokes a buffoon who spouts thinly disguised xenophobia whilst marrying a German woman.

>>Travel

I'm not going to argue geography, I have worked in many countries and have worked with companies and visited clients all over the UK.

>>Police. Most are fine. Good friends are police officers. Some are corrupt though and having been on the wrong side of the police and been arrested and put in cells and on remand until I could make bail for no crime on effectively the say so of ex-officers on a nice contract from a now defunct bank, I know that they can be petty, vindictive and crooked. Totally ignoring a real crime to get at the small businessman who had the temerity to challenge a multinational that was in the wrong and stealing. On top of that a ruinous criminal court case where legal aid didn't cover 95% of the bill and cost me a house was a minor inconvenience - all due to corrupt police doing favours for mates.

The number of times I was stopped and searched because my car showed up on some computer shows how vindictive they can be. When not guilty they should stop looking for reasons to stop you but that didn't stop them. And whilst out I have been asked for ID for no reason other than walking home late. No crime, no suspicion but they didn't mind wasting MY time asking.

When they allowed my car to be towed by bailiffs when visiting a company - just shows how blinkered they are to rules.

>>ID or else.

Well that's the point. At the moment they shouldn't but do. Why should they be allowed to know who I am or know what I am doing when I have done no wrong. Of course some countries are worse, but there is a mentality in this country that brings out little officials who will demand ID and of course like RIPA it will start with the police and powers will extend to over 200+ organisations and the little bureaucrats within.

>>Collecting post, bank etc.

It's a transactional choice. If you want the service you proffer the token required. None of them are fundamental for life or liberty and can be ignored if required.

The system is broken. During the run ins with the bank, the arrests etc. My bank accounts were frozen. I couldn't pay for anything and relied on friends and family.

The bank put a CIFAS warning on my accounts and put my name in a "black book". These still exist btw. There's one in our ops office and I have added names to it.

When the trial was over I naively thought things would get back to some form of normality but they didn't.

I was regularly pulled aside when leaving or returning to the country. That extra search at the port or airport.

Bank accounts still got frozen regularly. Building societies were better but then they changed to banks and it all happened again. Police stops and searches also kept up.

I had to make a number of changes and they worked, because we have a decentralised system in this country. It has caused problems, but one ID system in this country could scupper that and that's a real reason why we shouldn't have one - once you're marked as a wrong un - even if you're not, it's always going to follow you around and be used against you.
 Messages Author Date
 "Clave Unica" new No FM2R 14 Oct 20 17:39
 "Clave Unica" new Bromptonaut 14 Oct 20 17:44
 "Clave Unica" new No FM2R 14 Oct 20 17:49
 "Clave Unica" new zippy 14 Oct 20 19:47
 "Clave Unica" new No FM2R 14 Oct 20 20:33
 "Clave Unica" new sooty123 14 Oct 20 20:48
 "Clave Unica" new No FM2R 14 Oct 20 21:54
 "Clave Unica" new zippy 14 Oct 20 23:13
 "Clave Unica" new No FM2R 15 Oct 20 02:51
 "Clave Unica" new Zero 14 Oct 20 20:52
 "Clave Unica" new zippy 14 Oct 20 19:55