2010 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive 910 - Anti Pollution faults - PattyH

My car is not yet 4yrs. old. It has done lots of long and quite a few shorter trips. Recently the AP Fault sign came up on the dash. I also lost all cruise control ability. The car stuttered to a halt. Having switched off the engine it re-started and we went on like this for several weeks, between times the Garage ran the computer management system diagnostics (if it happened when they were open and I was anywhere close by!). The car has been regularly serviced. I do not understand why this should have happened. They replaced the faulty part at a cost of over 600GDP and the fault did not disappear. Within 3 days the fault recurred. I had to pay a further 132GDP for yet another part, since when I have not had any problems, HOWEVER, I have not been using the car so much now my hushand is home following 11wks. in hospital! There has been less opportunity for any problem to resurface.

What is causing this problem please?

Surely if there is an anti-pollution filter, this hsould have been changed duirng any of the various regular services the car has had done at the same garaage - a Citroen recognised garage.

I have lodged a complaint/enquiry with Citroen and 8wks. later and several phone calls I am still waiting for their reply following their investigations.

I am out of pocket nearly 1K at a time of life (now retired) when I can ill afford this sort of unscheduled problem and also added anxity over potential unreliability of my vehicle when i have an unwel husband and rely on my car to get to doctors, specialits, etc.

Thought/suggestions please.

Tags: technical issues driving licence selling a car valuations classic cars

Messages Author Date
2010 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive 910 - Anti Pollution faults   PattyH Sat 7 Sep 2013 17:28
2010 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive 910 - Anti Pollution faults   Vonkey Mon 25 Jan 2016 15:55
2010 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive 910 - Anti Pollution faults   skidpan Mon 25 Jan 2016 16:02
2010 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive 910 - Anti Pollution faults   Gibbo_Wirral Tue 26 Jan 2016 13:34