Motoring Discussion > Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 22

Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - VxFan

A video of an unfortunate woman trying to park her car in a Belfast street has become an internet sensation.

It shows a female driver taking about 30 minutes and several attempts to reverse her car into a space between two vehicles on Fitzroy Avenue in the Holyland area.

They uploaded the footage to Youtube, named it "The World's Worst Attempt at Parallel Parking, Enjoy", and it has now been viewed more than 700,000 times.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-22334530

Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - Robin O'Reliant
This has led to the usual debates on various radio stations and internet forums where people want ever sub group - the old, the young, women, cyclists, bikers, people who can't do this or people who can't do that banned from the roads.

Funny enough none of the ban them brigade belong to any particular group they would like to see lose their licence.
 Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - Alanovich
In this case, it's blindingly obvious that it's Vauxhall Corsa drivers who need to be banned.

;-)
 Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - No FM2R
Funny you should say that, turns out that this lot drove a Renault Laguna. Conclusive proof that the world would be more peaceful with less Renaults, if you ask me.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22344054
Huh? Where does it say that in the article?

If it was a Laguna, I expect it was a Mk2. The article says that they arrived after the rally ended, so were probably pushing it.
from a different article on the same incident...

"a South Yorkshire Police traffic officer didn't like the look of the old Renault Laguna carrying Khan and Uddin, so he pulled it over"

Might have been more amusing if I'd got the right article.
Crumbs. Described as "old", so must have been a Mk1 as it seems it was working.
 Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - Armel Coussine
>> Police traffic officer didn't like the look of the old Renault Laguna carrying Khan and Uddin, so he pulled it over"

I do love a bit of topic drift. I notice those guys and their buddies were marginally above average in actually targeting the perceived enemy (never mind a few rubberneckers and coppers, they're kuffar too). But all the same, crazed English right wingers, nearest thing to the enemy even if you talk a lot of cock about the state and its principal officers to muddy the waters.

One of them, we are told, was under surveillance. Nevertheless the car was stopped merely for being illegal. Just random, bit of luck for us sir, move along now, nothing to see...

How I hope that that is a pack of lies and they were stopped because the spooks thought they were about to try something. From the description of their boot contents it sounds more like a kamikaze infantry assault than the usual slimy bomb-planting, but what do I know?
 Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - BiggerBadderDave
If I met that lady in the video, I'd like to give her half an hour of my time, sit alongside her, give her some tips and guidance, build up her confidence and hope that with my help she could parallel park quickly and with style.

If I met that student who made the video, laughing like a schoolgirl, squeaking, squalling and shrieking in a vile, uncontrollable, high-pitch manner - I'd like to head-butt him.
 Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - Fullchat
I have to agree with you there BBD. And after headbutting him shove the camera sideways where the sun don't shine no more.
Goodness, calm down chaps, no need to get seriously violent, just noisy yobbos, not dangerous, clip over the ear at most...

Funny how some people have to learn parking when others quickly see how it's done. 'You godda dig da geometry baby.... here, let me guide your cute little white hand... '

That lady in the video wasn't what you'd call a natural though. Not many that bad although it looked genuine. Anyway got it right eventually. Some of that nightmare will have stuck.
 Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - -
My first attempt at reversing into a tight entrance with an artic after i passed me lorry test was with a lorry without power steering, didn't get power steering for about another three years.

Oh boy more shunts than you could shake a stick at, pouring in sweat heaving at that 5 turns from lock to lock steering one foot braced on the dash and heaving it like pulling an anchor up.

We all started somewhere.

Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - Zero
Oh for gawds sake you two, I would have gone over there ripped the keys out of her ignition and told her she is not fit to hold a driving license.

Shouldn't be on the road.
 Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - Runfer D'Hills
>>I would have gone over there ripped the keys out of her ignition and told her...

I'd pay to watch a stroppy English bloke do that in Belfast.

From a distance of course.

:-))
I do a good falls road accent.
Bless her for determination and persistence.

Far more valuable qualities than the ability to park.
>> I do a good falls road accent.

That would be a real help when you have just stolen the head of the UDA's girl friend's car keys with a suave English murmur.

'Are yüy teakin the pass are yiz?...'
 Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - Cliff Pope
It's not actually what I'd call parallel parking anyway. The gap was not that small, there appeared to be space to do a straight reverse in, then forwards a bit to even up the gaps.

Parallel parking is when the gap is too small for the car to get into in one movement, and it has to be shuffled in sideways in a series of short movements. Parallel, in fact.

>> It's not actually what I'd call parallel parking anyway. The gap was not that small,
>> there appeared to be space to do a straight reverse in, then forwards a bit
>> to even up the gaps.

It was big enough to do a forward drive in.
 Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - L'escargot
I haven't yet worked up the courage to try out my car's "Active Park Assist" system.
 Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - Cliff Pope
>> I haven't yet worked up the courage to try out my car's "Active Park Assist"
>> system.
>>

Is that the one shown here recently in a clip - you just stand by the car and watch it drive itself into the gap? It seemed to take ages to do a very simple manoeuvre.
 Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - L'escargot
>> >> I haven't yet worked up the courage to try out my car's "Active Park
>> Assist"
>> >> system.
>> >>
>>
>> Is that the one shown here recently in a clip - you just stand by
>> the car and watch it drive itself into the gap?

You have to operate everything except the steering.
 Hapless attempt at parallel parking. Internet hit - IJWS14
Tried the system on a Passat demonstrator a wile ago - it tried to park in the adjacent car
Latest Forum Posts