Non-motoring > Dogs - can make you feel rotten! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: devonite Replies: 16

Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - devonite
Last night, well about 4am to be precise, we were woken by Bert (youngest of our 3 muttley's) sat by our bed growling softly. knowing they had only been out at midnight before I went to bed, I told him to go and lie down, whereby up he got and went back downstairs to his bed. 5 mins later he was back again! - this time I told him to go away! which he did. Just getting settled again, and he was back! This time I sat bolt upright in bed and ordered him downstairs! and off he skulked. A short while later he started growling again, from downstairs this time, getting louder and louder, then the Wife started! "He must be desperate to go, he never kicks off like this, we'll get no peace till he's been" etc etc. So I leapt out of bed, grabbed my gown and went down and opened the back door, he didn't want to go, none of them did! I closed the door again and gave him a good ear-bashing and even called him a b***** idiot! On my way back to bed I heard a Cat yowl from somewhere at the front of the house, and found that one of our Mogs (Salem) was trapped in the front lobby, (he must have been by the front door when the Milkman came, and he'd let him in thereby trapping him). I let him out then went back to bed, but I couldn't get back to sleep because I felt rotten! The poor Dog was coming to tell us that something was wrong and that we needed to get up! - and got an ear-bashing for his troubles! (serves me right I suppose!).
Still it's nice to know (with hindsight) that he will do this sort of thing. This time it was only a cat in the lobby, next time it could be a fire! - Think I'll buy him a treat today!
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - Pat
So you should!

You need to be thankful he doesn't report you to the RSPCA:)

Pat
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - Old Navy
A coincidence, a dog thread. I don't do animals but I saw a potentially handy gadget a couple of days ago. It was a short dog (?) lead with a car seat belt buckle tongue at the end the human would normally be. Handy for securing stuff in the back seat area as my car has the Honda magic seats with cinema type folding.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 3 Mar 17 at 15:13
I got a dog - gaurd for the rear of my car, the type that fastens to the rear headrests with two useless clamps! - every time I put them in, they ripped it down and clambered over the back seats to join me in the front! Tis now fastened up to every conceivable thing with 32 cable ties! and muttleys held in place with bungee cords to a fixing point! - so far so good!......
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - Pat
:)

I've got a cat like that!

He refuses to go to the vet in a cat box and Houdini has nothing on him.

He rides in style spread out along the dashboard just inside the windscreen and sleeps peacefully.

Trouble is he's white and easily seen too!

Pat
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - R.P.
There Springer kicked off big style the other morning at 5.15am. A real ALARM bark.On the lane at the end of the garden (approx 1/4 of an acre) there was either a walker or cyclist with an LED light. The Cocker never barked a word. Old and wise probably.
Last edited by: R.P. on Fri 3 Mar 17 at 19:21
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - Zero
I have one of these.

www.safedog.co.uk/Crate%20pages/SingleLarge.htm

Perfect for the XC70, still keeps half the boot in use for human stuff. Dog likes it too.
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - Duncan
What about one of these?

www.petplanet.co.uk/category.asp?dept_id=771
Yep! - thought of Crates, but cant find one big enough to hold 3 large (ish) hounds that will fit in the car! and 3 single crates won't fit either! ;-(
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - Dog
Dogs is smart, knowlmean. Thems can sniff out cancers and hypoglycemia. Dumb they are not, tis us!
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - CGNorwich
Elephants apparently have a better sense of smell than dogs but they don't make ideal pets.
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - R.P.
Especially when you're looking for your trunks
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - MD
>> Elephants apparently have a better sense of smell than dogs but they don't make ideal
>> pets.
>>
You're making too much of it:0)
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - zippy
Our dog is such a big part of our life.

She is a lovely in the day and a right so and so at night but that's part of her character.

Shes not bright and doesn't do many tricks or fetch but she snuggles up to me and rolls over on to her back for a tickle which is cute.

Sometimes she sits up on my lap with her body right up against my chest and just wants stroking. Its quite therapeutic.
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - Cliff Pope
>> (he must have been by the front door
>> when the Milkman came, and he'd let him in thereby trapping him).
>>

Clever cat to let the milkman in. I suppose he trapped him hoping to demand some milk in return for his release.
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - Runfer D'Hills
My dog makes me feel good, in fact all my dogs have. Give them your time and they'll give you their's back tenfold.
 Dogs - can make you feel rotten! - DP
>>My dog makes me feel good, in fact all my dogs have. Give them your time and they'll give you their's back tenfold

Completely agree.

We have two, a 15 year old border collie / black lab x and a 6 month old cockapoo pup. Completely distinct characters and temperaments, even allowing for the difference in age and energy levels. The collie is (and always has been) quite reserved, strong willed, and largely indifferent to most things. A lot of people call him "chilled". He has fierce independent and stubborn streaks, both of which I love.

Likes to be in the same room as us, but not too close. If you go to another room, he will follow, but keep a reasonable distance. Tolerates fuss, but doesn't love it, unless it comes from youngest daughter who he will allow to do anything with him. He all but ignores eldest daughter and SWMBO, is closer to me (will lay next to me on the sofa if youngest isn't available). If you throw a ball for him, he throws you a look back as if to say "What did you do that for you fool? I'm not getting it."

The cockapoo is just at that "Everything's new and exciting and I love everything and everyone!" stage. Intelligent little thing though and she learns very quickly. But a complete, scatty, lunatic of a thing as all 6 month old dogs tend to be. She is calming down slowly with training and ongoing maturity though and has a lovely nature underneath it all. She will turn into a brilliant companion dog over the coming years.

As that well known quote says, "Dogs' lives are so short. Their only fault really"

Latest Forum Posts