Non-motoring > Waitrose Online Food Orders Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 28

Waitrose Online Food Orders - sherlock47
If you are a Waitrose Online Home Delivery customer.......read on.

The menu option on the website to cancel an existing order does not appear to work - so I rang customer services. It was explained to me that this feature has been (temporarily?) disabled as they have had problems with customers cancelling in error. You are then left with no new slots slots available and it is not possible to reinstate the order. You will then go hungry for Xmas. To prevent this happening they have made the only way to cancel is using a phone call.

OK , maybe a sensible solution.

So I cancelled the desired order by telephone.

Some time later I received an email confirming the cancellation - OK good.

I then receive a second email cancelling another order for which I had not requested cancellation. Which potentially leaves me with no deliveries for 13 days!

Ring customer services to find out why. I am told that the system shows I had cancelled the order. Which i refute strongly and request escalation. i have been promised a management call back in 48hrs. I have suggested that whoever calls should first review the recording of my original phone call.

Let us see what happens.

Waitrose Online Food Orders - PeterS
Worth knowing, but must be a very recent change as I had a delivery scheduled for Monday just gone (14th) that I cancelled on the 12th with no issues. I’m also not sure how you’d actually cancel the order unintentionally...it takes a little effort to find the candle option, unlike amending an existing order which is immediately obvious. I’m now pondering what to do about a delivery scheduled for the 21st (I go away on the 22nd...) Stock up the freezer in anticipation of moving into tier 3 when I return perhaps!
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - Zero
Christmas has not been delivered to this house.

www.dailymotion.com/video/x6w9zpv
So well written...still makes me laugh :)
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - CGNorwich
I guess you could just visit the store?
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - Clk Sec
>> I guess you could just visit the store?

And, pick up a free paper in return for a modest spend...
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - Dog
Not 'ere, tis 20 smiles away in Okehampton. They do deliver here but we could only get a del on the 28th so it's a Tesco xmas 4 us. No probs for me, I could make do with a cheese sand witch.

Christmas ain't what it used 2B - we only had turkey @ xmas back-in-the-day, best part was Boxing day - cold turkey & pickles.

Christmas these days is all about con-sumerism.

E. Scrooge.
Last edited by: God on Fri 18 Dec 20 at 13:26
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - Crankcase
Nothing to do with the thread, sorry:

Did I see, doglike scroogey one, you are "just over the Tamar" now? In which case we must have been within a nudge of you in September, as we stayed in Downderry for a week in a nice little sea view cottage place.

2 miles from Launceston now Cc. A cottage in Downderry sounds nice, wouldn't mind being there now TBH.

I bet it had a woodburner, unlike this place. Well, there is one in the kitchen but it's not a live-in kitchen, although I will use it when the wev turns cold.
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - Crankcase
It did. And the window was next to the beach. It was nice. Here you go, book yourself a week.

www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottage/Cornwall-Downderry/Watchtower-959144.html

We have a woodburner. I also have a wife obsessed with Christmas decorations. I now discover because of "I saw it on the internet" our woodburner is out of commission for the Christmas period because it now has coloured lights. Inside.

Sigh.

Waitrose Online Food Orders - bathtub tom
A friend ordered a turkey crown, it was substituted - turkey mince!
Looks like turkey burgers for Christmas dinner.
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - Duncan
>> A friend ordered a turkey crown, it was substituted - turkey mince!
>> Looks like turkey burgers for Christmas dinner.

With Tesco, one can select whether to accept substitutions.

Drivers are very pleasant, if they continue in this way, there may be a modest gratuity from me.
I don't think they are allowed ot accept tips. Waitorse staff certainly aren't.
>> Drivers are very pleasant, if they continue in this way, there may be a modest
>> gratuity from me.

Waitrose email you the substitutions on the morning of delivery, and you can choose to accept or not, which seems fair enough to me.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 19 Dec 20 at 03:23
Nautical but nice, I like that. South-facing too I'll wager, wouldn't do a lot for it today though, driving rain spreading from the south, many areas flooded - I can see a river in the fields oposite that weren't there this morning!
One ne of the advantages of living in the East. By the time the bad weather arrives here its usually tipped most of the rain on Cornwall Devon and Wales . Windy here but no rain
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - Zero
>> One ne of the advantages of living in the East. By the time the bad
>> weather arrives here its usually tipped most of the rain on Cornwall Devon and Wales

If you are suffering from a North Sea surge. you dont need rain. As for Hoar frost.........
I live on the top of a Norfolk mountain. We must be at least a majestic 75 feet above sea level. A North sea surge would take out Great Yarmouth so not necessarily so bad.

Worst weather feature here is actually the wind especially a North Easterly

Lot colder in the east though, knowlmean. Wet n' warm (ish) down here. Thinking of moving to the shire of Hereford next ... more rain!

Oh, and yoos get air polution from €urope when the wind blows from the east, clean air down here - washed every day and twice on Sundays.
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - sooty123
>> Lot colder in the east though, knowlmean. Wet n' warm (ish) down here. Thinking of
>> moving to the shire of Hereford next ... more rain!
>

Thought you'd only just moved?
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - Runfer D'Hills
I need to live by the sea again, before it's too late. Grew up by the sea. Walking on a beach, even when the weather is ( something the swear filter would hate ) is about the best thing.
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - legacylad
Runfer...plenty of sea here on the northern Costa B. I’ve been out walking in the mountains today with my mountain biking pal whilst his wife was out running, road biking and open water swimming...
Like you he’s really ‘into’ his mountain biking. Too many trails to shake a stick at. No mud. Blue sky. 20C today....most of his rides are logged on Strava.
He mountain biked the GR5 summer 2019 from Lac Leman to Nice. Next up , probably 2022, is the GDMBR ( google it). Best part of 4 weeks+ but sounds amazing.
Keep peddling amigo
>>Thought you'd only just moved?

Over 4 months ago. I've actually moved 14 times in my 68 years. I like moving house, although this last one was a tad stressful.

This place was bought in a hurry really - our buyers were pushing us and they had completed the sale of their property before we had exchanged contracts with them (not a good idea) he was living with his mum up in the West Midlands and she was living with her mum down here.

Although we like this property, it's not ideal when you've got 2 large dogs and we'd get more for our money in Herefordshire, besides, I like Herefordshire - the area that borders Wales, and I've my eye on it for some years TBH.
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - sooty123
Think I've been there, passing through to Wales, Monmouthshire seemed nice as well, very nice countryside.
I have been there ... via Rightmove :)
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - smokie
Showed SWMBO and we may end up there later in the year - she loved it!
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - Ambo
We had several long Summer holidays in a cottage just on the English side of Offa's Dyke. The Black Mountains were our backdrop and there is some lovely country between them, Hay on Wye and Hereford.
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - R.P.
There are two walks I intend to do as a bucket list thing. One is the Offa's Dyke walk that passes within a few kilometres of here - considering the options as to how to complete post Covid. The other is the north Wales Pilgrimage Path from Holywell to Ynys Enlli (Bardsey).

Last edited by: R.P. on Sun 20 Dec 20 at 16:54
 Waitrose Online Food Orders - legacylad
The Pembrokeshire coast path, which I backpacked over 13 days in summer 2019 exceeded my expectations. I plan to walk the Ceredigion CP and continue up to Anglesey at some point.

I actually preferred it to the SW Coast Path, which took a little longer than 13 days.
Latest Forum Posts