Computer Related > Computer problem Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 6

Computer problem - Westpig
I have had problems with my computer and sent it off for a repair (Dell Inspiron 530 using Windows, some sort of 'Business Edition') because adverts kept popping up to the extent I couldn't see what was on the screen.

It went back to a shop, twice, because the first fix didn't do everything we needed and that entails a 30 mile round trip each time.

It mostly works now, but if we want to swap between a user the damned thing comes up with a fault which has the fault showing on the screen and we have no idea how to get rid of it, which means throwing the mains switch, which I know isn't good for it or logging on/off each time a different user want to use it.

A, if a fault shows on the screen and nothing else is visible.... how do I acknowledge that fault and/or get rid of it and get back to what I was doing... and,

B, what can I do to eradicate this fault:

'The current input is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1366 x 768 @ 60hz or any other monitor listed timing as per the monitor specifications'.

Is there a simple fix or am I getting back into the car for another 2 x 30 mile trip and losing the computer for another 4 days?

Thankyou,
 Computer problem - No FM2R
Some things to consider;

1) Have a look at what resolution things are set to;

Probably right clicking on the background and selecting display or properties will do this, but it does depend which version of windows.

Set it to something randomly lower and see what that does.

2) Was the machine reinstalled? Because the dell display driver may be missing. Find the service tag written on the hardware somewhere and check the drivers on the Dell website.

Check that the monitor is the original, and if so re-download the driver, it may be relying on the standard windows driver.
 Computer problem - smokie
You might be able to clear the message by hitting alt-f4 together.

Just a thought - is it only when you switch to one particular user i.e. user A to user B or does it happen the other way too?
Last edited by: smokie on Sun 7 Dec 14 at 18:59
Thank you, so far.
>> You might be able to clear the message by hitting alt-f4 together.
>>
>> Just a thought - is it only when you switch to one particular user i.e.
>> user A to user B or does it happen the other way too?
>>
There are 4 users set up... 3 only are in use... and it definitely happens between two of them and both ways...so A to B and B to A
 Computer problem - Ambo
This sort of thing can take a very long time to cure. My shortcut is to pay for a visit by a local expert and such will almost certainly be found in your area.

Computer problem - MD
1st. I second the above.

2nd. I am only the only user.

Latest Forum Posts