Motoring Discussion > Audi A4 Cabriolet - First month with a used A4 Cabrio Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 8

Audi A4 Cabriolet - First month with a used A4 Cabrio - Auntie Lockbrakes
So, had the Cabrio a month already, and covered 1500 miles, which is more than I expected to.

Very very impressed. Probably the quietest car I've had in years, even with a canvas roof! No extra wind noise from the roof, and the petrol v6 under the bonnet just purrs away lazily. No squeaks or rattles from the dashboard or roof. Top marks Audi! Puts the 2005 A3 Sportback that I had before for a short time, to shame. Hard to believe the 2 cars carry the same manufacturer's badge.

Bought the car from a Merc & Mitsubishi main dealer, they prep'd it to perfection and had it sitting in the middle of their showroom for me to drive away. 48k miles on the clock in almost 6 years, done by the first (lady) owner. Almost like driving away a brand new car!

Getting an unscientific 34mpg so far, mostly driven on open roads at 50-70 mph, but lots of hills around here. I'm not complaining at this thirst. Car is very heavy too.

Niggles? The indicator stalk seems very stiff to operate, then the penny dropped: previous owner was a woman, she probably never used it 8-) arf arf!

More seriously, the car might not be exempt from Audi's infamous thirst for oil. I had to top-up with a litre of Shell's finest synthetic stuff the other day. No smoke or worrying signs, a lot of them seem to do it apparently...

Will treat the car to a main dealer's service at 60,000 miles, and this one's a keeper!
 Messages Author Date
 Audi A4 Cabriolet - First month with a.. new Auntie Lockbrakes 7 Apr 12 01:20
 Audi A4 Cabriolet - First month with a u.. new madf 7 Apr 12 09:59
 Audi A4 Cabriolet - First month with a u.. new Zero 7 Apr 12 11:00
 Audi A4 Cabriolet - First month with a u.. new swiss tony 7 Apr 12 11:15
 Audi A4 Cabriolet - First month with a .. new Dog 7 Apr 12 11:26
 Audi A4 Cabriolet - First month with a u.. new PeterS 7 Apr 12 14:01
 Audi A4 Cabriolet - First month with a .. new Auntie Lockbrakes 8 Apr 12 11:41
 Audi A4 Cabriolet - First month with a.. new Dog 8 Apr 12 12:10
 Audi A4 Cabriolet - First month with .. new PeterS 8 Apr 12 13:12
Latest Forum Posts