Motoring Discussion > Land Rover Discovery 3 - How many clutches is normal? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Mike Hannon Replies: 9

Land Rover Discovery 3 - How many clutches is normal? - Mike Hannon
My pal in the UK has just had the third replacement clutch fitted to his 2007 Discovery 3 2.7 diesel, after just 37,000 miles. After having replaced it twice before, this time the dealer said it must be fair wear and tear and it would not be covered by the guarantee. After kicking up a big fuss my friend got them to refer it to Land Rover and they eventually agreed to cover the £1,400 cost of replacing the clutch and flywheel as a 'goodwill' gesture. My friend had to point out he had had four Discos and a Freelander 2, never towed or went off road, had never worn out a clutch in his life and only actually used the car at weekends anyway.
While he was waiting for the job to be completed by the dealer he had a phone call from Land Rover 'Care' telling him they wanted the loan vehicle back because, as it was a goodwill gesture and not a guarantee job he could only have the loaner for 48 hours!
And when he picked up the car he found the service department had come up with a list of jobs and replacements they said required urgent attention - at a cost of guess what - nearly £1,400.
I am aware the forums say Discovery 3 clutch problems are by no means rare and Land Rover seems to be very cavalier about responding to customers' complaints. But I thought something ought to be said because the more we talk about it, the more we find it impossible to believe he is at fault.
When I next get to the UK we are going to the Honda dealer together to suss out the CRV.
 Messages Author Date
 Land Rover Discovery 3 - How many clut.. new Mike Hannon 9 May 10 16:10
 Land Rover Discovery 3 - How many clutch.. new - 9 May 10 16:27
 Land Rover Discovery 3 - How many clutc.. new Fenlander 9 May 10 16:36
 Land Rover Discovery 3 - How many clut.. new - 9 May 10 16:43
 Land Rover Discovery 3 - How many clu.. new Fenlander 9 May 10 18:25
 Land Rover Discovery 3 - How many c.. new R.P. 9 May 10 19:20
 Land Rover Discovery 3 - How many .. new Stuu 9 May 10 19:30
 Land Rover Discovery 3 - How many.. new Manatee 9 May 10 20:37
 Land Rover Discovery 3 - How man.. new Mike Hannon 10 May 10 10:42
 Land Rover Discovery 3 - How ma.. new Lygonos 10 May 10 14:57
Latest Forum Posts