Motoring Discussion > Insurance renewal - forgotten accident Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: hawkeye Replies: 9

Insurance renewal - forgotten accident - hawkeye
Last year Mrs H had an accident. She was reversing into a marked kerbside parking bay when a delivery van (on the wrong side of the road) overtook her car to get to the same space. Unsighted, (she was looking over her left shoulder and the van approached from the right) Mrs H carried on into the side of the van damaging her rear bumper and scraping paint on the wing and rear door. As she was reversing, she was held to be at fault and LV paid for fixing her car and some unspecified amount for removing some of her paint from the rubbing strake on the brown van.

Fast forward seven months and my renewal from LV has arrived. The numbers seem satisfactory but under the heading 'Claims or accidents in last 5 years' there is the entry, 'none'. Have LV witheld this info. to stop me getting comparable quotes from elsewhere?
Do I just ignore it and hope that if there's a problem, the chickens will come home to roost on LV's roof as it was their error, or do I draw their attention to the claim and take it on the chin?

Advice welcome as always.
 Messages Author Date
 Insurance renewal - forgotten accident new hawkeye 25 Feb 18 15:08
 Insurance renewal - forgotten accident new Lygonos 25 Feb 18 15:20
 Insurance renewal - forgotten accident new Manatee 25 Feb 18 15:22
 Insurance renewal - forgotten accident new No FM2R 25 Feb 18 19:16
 Insurance renewal - forgotten accident new hawkeye 25 Feb 18 23:38
 Insurance renewal - forgotten accident new Bill Payer 27 Feb 18 20:35
 Insurance renewal - forgotten accident new PeterS 27 Feb 18 20:58
 Insurance renewal - forgotten accident new martin aston 28 Feb 18 06:22
 Insurance renewal - forgotten accident new Mapmaker 28 Feb 18 11:09
 Insurance renewal - forgotten accident new hawkeye 28 Feb 18 15:16