Motoring Discussion > The Grand Tour - Volume 3 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 117

The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - VxFan
Season 3 is now on Amazon. I was surprised I managed to watch it already, considering previous series generally weren't available so early into a Friday.

Anyway, gone is the celebrity section. Seems to have gone back to more discussion about cars. Still have Conversation Street, where they generally take the mick out of one another and have a brief waffle about car news.

I can't say this was one of their better episodes, because it wasn't. The 3 muscle cars they took to Detroit looked fun. Captain slow's car (a Chevrolet "Exorcist" Camaro) only managed an average of 3 mpg.

The McLaren Senna sports car looked damn ugly, but boy could it shift. It even smashed the Grand Tour's Eboladrome lap record.

Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 9 Dec 19 at 02:24
To mark the launch of The Grand Tour series three on Amazon Prime, Richard Hammond and James May sat down to choose a slogan for the new series.

They eventually came up with #amazonshitcarshow

Apparently the double meaning was intentional, but not everybody really got it.

Well I found it funny.
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - No FM2R
If you don't like Clarkson, May and Hammond, and you don't like their show, then you won't like the new season of The Grand Tour and there is really very little point in you either watching it or commenting on it here.

I, however, enjoy them and their shows. And I really enjoyed this episode. I watched it last night and there were a couple of laugh out loud moments, and generally it was just fun. And certainly worth the effort.

An hour of fun, it's not like it's got much competition these days.
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - tyrednemotional
>>
>> An hour of fun, it's not like it's got much competition these days.
>>

...Oh, come on. BBC Parliament is just as knockabout nowadays.....

;-)
It's cruel to mock the afflicted.
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - DP
Thoroughly enjoyed it, although such a shame to see what's become of Detroit. If a place could talk....
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - henry k
>> ...such a shame to see what's become of Detroit. If a place could talk....
>>
I thought Chump had fixed the motor industry :-(
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - Zero
He has to reopen the Coal mines and steel mills first. Both of which he promised, both of which have not materialised.

>> He has to reopen the Coal mines and steel mills first.
>> Both of which he promised, both of which have not materialised.
>>
Sorry I forgot about the mines etc. 2K more jobs already ?
www.cnbc.com/2018/08/23/trump-says-the-coal-industry-is-back-the-data-say-otherwise.html

Sorry again. Data is a few months old so expect 7 new steel plants to add to a total of 4 for whole USA . ( US Steel say no new plants are planned.)
thinkprogress.org/trump-us-steel-plants-fake-news-99c5919b8cac/

O ye of little faith!
A Columbia 2 part special this week.

1st episode being shown this Friday, and no waiting a week for the 2nd episode, because that's being shown on Saturday.
Do they release them on different days in different regions?

Because I watched it tonight (Thursday). I wonder if that means I get the other one tomorrow (Friday).
No idea. I guess it's time zone specific for each Country. When they say "next episode is on Friday" I was led to believe that it could be anywhere between 00:01 and 23:59 that day.

Are you saying that it was actually available on Thursday, before midnight where you are?
>>Are you saying that it was actually available on Thursday, before midnight where you are?

Yes. I don't know what time it actually started being available but at 21:00 on Thursday 24th Jan it was available.
p.s. I just checked Amazon UK and you are correct, in the UK it is available on the 25th. I don't know why that would be.
Oh my good God.

I mean, really; Oh... My.... Good.... God......

Click on the following URL when you need to while watching The Grand Tour Episode 2.

It is deliberately TinyURL so as not to give the game away. You'll spoil it for yourself if you click on it beforehand, so don't do it. Really don't.

But trust me, you'll know when. You really will.

tinyurl.com/yc4wolgk

You silly ass ;)

Even Clarkson looked shocked and had to look again because he couldn't believe what he had seen. Later confirmed by the locals.
One of the girls had a Muay Thai fight tonight or else I would have watched it much earlier. When we got home around 9pm then the second episode was available, though again I don't know what time it was available from.

I really enjoyed these two episodes. Especially with the scenery today which I know well. Though I do think they went up one mountain and came down another, but it's been a while since I was there.

If the season stays like this I'll be very happy.

Interesting, entertaining and hilarious. Watched, as usual, with non-car enthusiast, daughter #1 who enjoyed it equally.

Like their adventures of old, although it did have a sense of being cut down from 3 episodes to 2. Not necessarily a bad thing, just a thing.
V3e2.

It was fairly ho hum and predictable, in a same old same old way. Watched it and it was preferable to one of the re run episodes of NCIS. But only that.
I really enjoyed it. It wasn't the big amount of laughter that the first part was, but it was really interesting and enjoyable I thought and was a good balance.

My only fear is that the rest of the series will be a let down after the first three.

I do realise that I am coming from a position of liking them and really wanting to like the show, which makes me an easy audience. But really, what else did you expect it to be?

As for predictable, I should hope so. I don't watch a show because it is one way only to find out it has decided to be another way.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 29 Jan 20 at 10:21
Watched the 2nd Columbian episode earlier today. As you say, it wasn't as good as the 1st one. It did have a level of sameness about it. The usual japes of running into one another. Leaving one another behind should one of the others break down etc. But on the whole enjoyable.

Then is struck me. The main difference was that there was no 'snowflake' interference from the BBC, like there used to be back in the day.
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - zippy
It's all very silly and predictable and very enjoyable for it!

Looking forward to episode 4.
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - Boxsterboy
I had a very pleasant Saturday evening watching both Colombian episodes with all three kids. Good family entertainment - it is rare that the kids watch the TV with us at all, let alone 2 solid hours (unlike when I was a kid and there was no alternative).
>> Good family entertainment - it is rare that the kids watch the TV with us at all, let alone 2 solid hours

Including letting them see a man having "relations" with a donkey? Did they ask any questions?
Oh come on, you didn't"see" anything.

#1 daughter thought it was hilarious, #2 wanted reasons why.

You can't shield the from reality and this idea that they can switch from know nothing to know everything on a birthday is ridiculous.
>> Including letting them see a man having "relations" with a donkey? Did they ask any
>> questions?
>>

They were too busy laughing and probably didn't need to ask questions!! (Ages 18, 17, 15)

>> (unlike when I was a kid and there
>> was no alternative).

Now that's a good test. If you were sent to a desert island with one video, what would you chose, "The Great Escape" or Two hours of the Grand Tour.
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - R.P.
Great Escape any day :-) But I may make an exception for Henry Cole's excellent series "World's Greatest Motorcycle Rides"...
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - bathtub tom
I've an opportunity to play with a Goldie engine in the wrong frame. Looking forward to it, but let's see what happens?

This is after spending too damn long on diagnosing a faulty capacitor on an S8.
"Pick Up Put Downs"

Another enjoyable episode from start to finish. And that Jag XE Project 8 was something else.

This seems to be the best season yet.
Yes, very enjoyable. Calmer, perhaps, but nonetheless enjoyable.

This season does seem to be vindication of Amazon's original decision, not that they needed it, it was always obvious.
As soon as Clarkson lost control of his hose, you just knew it was going to be another one of those weeks ;)
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - Bobby
>>And that Jag XE Project 8 was something else.

Was it Harry Metcalfe's?
www.instagram.com/p/BtVXzwaBzWf/?
>> Was it Harry Metcalfe's?

No, the one JC drove around the test track was a blue one. You can see a very small snippet of it in this week's trailer of the show, approx. 11 seconds in.

youtu.be/cosOD8VGasU

TGT might put another clip up later in the week.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 2 Feb 19 at 20:46
>> TGT might put another clip up later in the week.

Re: the Jag

The Official GT clip:-
youtu.be/E7ifQGxaLKo

A knock off clip that may well be deleted at any time:-
youtu.be/qcdXAFMj77o
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 5 Feb 19 at 12:37
Probably the quote of the season so far;

"I've raced against a few dicks in the past, but never on one!"
Not one of the best episodes this week IMHO.
Each to their own, i really enjoyed it.
Really enjoyed the Jim Clark piece. Rest was so-so. Weakest episode of the season for me.
>> Really enjoyed the Jim Clark piece.

Now that was one of the things that didn't particularly interest me. I'm sure I've seen numerous tributes paid to him before. Only difference was the presenter (Hamster).
I thought it was a pretty dull episode generally, and I say that as someone who has really enjoyed the previous episodes. But then I have absolutely no interest in a £160k Lamborghini SUV, and although the A110 piece was OK, this car has been reviewed and group tested to death in the press already over the past year. May's piece looked like a slick, more expensively produced rework of an Autocar test of the car that's been on YouTube since December 2017. Late to the party, and not bringing anything new.

It is unfortunately starting to feel a little bit desperate and a bit "forced", this season, IMO. Hopefully they can turn it around. The obviousness of the scripting has definitely gone up a notch, Hammond's horse rant being a perfect example.
Last edited by: DP on Fri 8 Feb 19 at 17:13
Funny how people are different, we were discussing it last night, in particular how it felt so much more relaxed and less desperate like it was finding its own feet.

Still, it's just a TV show and one I enjoy for now. But like all things it will have it's day.
Still, someone's very happy with it.

'The Grand Tour' stars earned £82k a day during series two of the show.

www.femalefirst.co.uk/tv/news/grand-tour-trio-rake-82000-day-1183161.html

Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond set up W. Chump and Sons Limited together with producer Andy Williams and the financial reports filed to Companies House revealed that their total turnover last year was £30.6million with total profit reaching £2.3million. A formal statement attached to the report explained: "The profit was driven by the television programming produced during the period ended 31 December 2017.
That report you point to goes on to say.....

"As the four company directors had such profitable year, they were able to pay themselves an impressive £150,000 salary."

Clearly we have a different understanding of "impressive".
Hey! Don't shoot the messenger ;)
>> "As the four company directors had such profitable year, they were able to pay themselves
>> an impressive £150,000 salary."

>>
>> Clearly we have a different understanding of "impressive".
>>

Salary is one thing, dividends is another. I presume their dividends were more "impressive".
>> I thought it was a pretty dull episode generally, and I say that as someone
>> who has really enjoyed the previous episodes.
>>

Same here.

But May's article on the A110 got me thinking. Obviously here is a car that shows the multiple benefits of being a clever lightweight design. But very few of us can justify £50,000 plus on a 'clever' car that is impractical on a day-to-day level. What would be the nearest day-to-day car in concept to this. That is to say lightweight, which means it can have a smaller engine, be more economical , handle better with thinner tyres, etc., etc. The nearest I can think of is an Audi A2, but what about current models?
China.

Glad to see this week's episode is back to its good old humorous ways again.
Episode 8 "Buffoons Vacation"

I love it when they're out of the studio (tent) for the entire duration of the show.

3 blokes in 3 RVs (ok 2 and a lorry). What could possibly go wrong?

What a great episode. Had me laughing from start to finish.
And there was me thinking that it was one of their weakest efforts for quite some time. Just shows how hard it is to please the audience!
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - Manatee
Comedy without wit. A bit like children's TV really. Not very funny and totally pointless for adults. I'm trying to understand why I watch it - I'll certainly stop if this is to be the norm.
I got interrupted watching the Buffoon episode about 2/3 of the way through. That was four days ago, and I haven't picked it back up again. We all know this stuff is scripted, and always has been going right back to the Top Gear days, but never has it been so obvious as it is in this season, IMO.
Strange Episode, invoked deep gaffaws of laughter, with yawns of boredom, but mostly a feeling of Deja Vu.
Episode 9. Aston, Astronauts and Angelina’s Children.

Dear oh dear. What was all that Citroen C3 nonsense about? James May's article was good though, as was the Aston Martin.
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - PeterS
>> Episode 9. Aston, Astronauts and Angelina’s Children.
>>
>> Dear oh dear. What was all that Citroen C3 nonsense about? James May's article was
>> good though, as was the Aston Martin.
>>

I enjoyed the C3 piece :). Silly, yes, but fun. And I was surprised by the capability of the hill descent / traction control stuff. Enough for me to go to Citroen’s website and build one :) I imagine Citroen will be pleased enough with the exposure
The C3 piece was good, but could have been much better, by being less. Didn't need the ship rubbish for a start.

I too have a soft spot for small citroens, even considered the C3 Picasso as a dog wagon for a while.
I enjoyed the C3 stuff. And, as you say, I can't imagine that Citroen were disappointed either.

The Grand Tour has settled into a place where the girls and I enjoy sitting down to relax and watch it each week.

Every show isn't a blockbuster or the best thing we've ever seen or the funniest thing we've ever seen, but it is always pleasant and enjoyable viewing. For us at least.
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - Crankcase
The C3 stuff was ok but for me, went on twice as long as it should have done. But the standout piece was the Apollo segment - I enjoyed that sufficiently to attempt to get Mrs C - who hates all things Top Gear/Grand Tour/Clarkson with a passion - to watch it too. She did, and enjoyed it. So I've seen it twice.

She is very keen on the sixties space stuff - she even collects space stamps and first day covers. This means we go to stamp fairs, and it's old Blokes talking to Old Blokes. They all direct their conversation at me. I really don't care that if you use a magnifying glass you can see a dot in the President's ear on the third stamp from the right and that means it's worth £800. Mrs C loves all that and they ignore her.

It's a similar story when we visit steam railways - she's the one who knows and cares about double bogied six puff pendulum boilers, and I just stare vacantly into space, but no, all the Old Blokes there talk to me too.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Sat 9 Mar 19 at 14:14
Episode 10, 'The Youth Vote'

A very brave decision by motoring journalist Harry Metcalfe, to give the keys of his Lamborghini Countach and Ferrari Testarossa to Hammond & May. Still, they do offer slightly more mechanical sympathy than Clarkson does.

Mind you, their female test driver (Abbie Eaton) wasn't half pushing both cars around the Eboladrome, and in the wet too.

Having seen various clips before series 3 went to air, it now makes sense that they were out for Pap shots, and You-Tube hits for their challenge this week.

In all, not a bad episode. Probably the most enjoyable part IMHO was the Countach & Testarossa article though.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 15 Mar 19 at 12:56
Mongolia special.

What a cracking episode. Fantastic scenery. Full of laughs and challenges. This has to be among one of the best episodes yet, if not the best.

Going to try and find time to watch it again over the weekend.
I found it to be pretty tedious to be honest. Yes Mongolia looks amazing, spoiled tho by the trio with their same old stuff.
I found it a brilliant episode, and I'm genuinely astonished at what they put themselves through. Even if you are cynical enough to think they were helicoptered to a hotel every night, which I'm not, I think that was a cracking piece of television.

Totally with Dave & CC, I really enjoyed that episode. As did #1.

I shall probably watch it again over the weekend.
>>spoiled tho by the trio with their same old stuff.

I cannot imagine that I would watch any show week in / week out when I never had a good word to say for it.

Why put yourself through it?

If there is one thing that Clarkson / May / Hammond will always do it is the same old stuff.

That's why I watch it, because I like that stuff. But if you don't, and there's no reason why you should, surely it's better not to bother?
>> >>spoiled tho by the trio with their same old stuff.
>>
>> I cannot imagine that I would watch any show week in / week out when
>> I never had a good word to say for it.

I cant imagine that either,

>> Why put yourself through it?

Because week in week out I dont always ave a bad word to say for it.

I merely commented this one was a bit tedious,

And you can alway hope it will improve, if you dont watch it you will never know.
There won't be any more to improve on other than apparently the occasional special.

I noticed at the end Clarkson said "goodbye". I don't quite recall (and cba to replay old ones) but didn't he always say "goodnight"?
www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a25833980/grand-tour-season-4-amazon-prime-release-date-tickets-locations-changes/
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - Runfer D'Hills
Bloomin' hope so. Bought a new telly and everything. :-(
www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7975032/jeremy-clarkson-richard-hammond-james-may-quit-car-shows/
Oh well, if you read it in The Sun........
Reported everywhere, just that was the first hit. And who doesn't love the super soaraway Sun?

But you knew that. And I knew you knew that. And..oh blow it, I'm opening a bag of cashews. Hang the expense.
>> Reported everywhere, just that was the first hit. And who doesn't love the super soaraway
>> Sun?
>>
>> But you knew that. And I knew you knew that. And..oh blow it, I'm opening
>> a bag of cashews. Hang the expense.

And at this point the bag splits and showers nuts all over the floor
I can't wait for Mrs C to come in and find me with my nuts on the floor.
I finally got around to clicking on the Sun link...

The headline was "Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May quit studio car shows after 17 years"

I think the operative word there is "studio". In terms of The Grand Tour that means the tent. Which is most certainly something they have confirmed themselves. They are stopping *studio* car shows, not car shows.
>> If there is one thing that Clarkson / May / Hammond will always do it is the same old stuff.

In the Mongolian special, there was only one true hero, and that was John. aka the plucky 4x4 go anywhere shed. Some of his moves were hilarious.
And that was about as good a season finale as you're ever going to get.
Yet to see the last episode in the current series (Funeral for a Ford). It still wasn't available at 2am this morning via kodi. It's normally there by 12am.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 12 Apr 19 at 11:53
And that, the last prog of the series was a cracker. It helps, that deep down inside I am a child of the 60's 70's, early 80's and worship at the hubcaps of fords of that era. My eyes moistened just a tad watching the fords arrive at Lincoln cathedral.

It quickly dried when clarkson started blubbing tho.

It struck me, suddenly, that in my BM 540i touring, it is a modern reincarnation of the ST200 estate.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 12 Apr 19 at 19:14
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - Runfer D'Hills
Yes, I was able to relate to the Cortina, Sierra and Mondeo thing having owned or had the use of several examples of each model.

The badge thing was absolutely true when it came to company cars, people would almost beg to be allowed to have a "GL" or whatever.
>>The badge thing was absolutely true when it came to company cars, people would almost beg to be allowed to have a "GL" or whatever.

Oh yes. And more than that, I remember the outrage when one of the junior salesman got his MKII Escort with TWO door mirrors and TWO sun visors.

When I first got a company car it was a choice between a Cavalier 2.0L or a 1.8GL. For me it was all about the engine, but so many went for the GL
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 13 Apr 19 at 16:38

>>
>> When I first got a company car it was a choice between a Cavalier 2.0L
>> or a 1.8GL. For me it was all about the engine, but so many went
>> for the GL
>>

Lucky you, having a choice! My first company car, as a graduate trainee in 1992, was very much a case of you got what you were given. In my case a burgundy (metallic, at least!) Escort 1.4 LX hatchback. It had plastic wheel trims, a spoiler and a sunroof. It was at least new, but had no redeeming features at all. Or, so I thought. It was replaced in 1994 by a Cavalier Envoy, which didn’t even have a sunroof. I left, though not really beside of the car!

The next car was all about the engine, a 1996 A4 1.8T. From memory the 1.8 meant lower company car tax, but it was a long time ago so that might be wrong. My budget wouldn’t stretch to a ‘sport’, so it still had plastic wheel trims. It did come with an electric sunroof though, and that was upgraded to climate control :) After that emissions became a factor, and I did choose spec over engine for its replacement, an A4 1.9TDi Avant SE, with such heady luxuries as a 6 disc CD multichanger, trip computer, electric windows all round, and blue cloth seats ;)
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - Bromptonaut
>> Lucky you, having a choice!

Lucky you having a company car!!
 The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - bathtub tom
Lucky to have rear side windows. my olive green moggie minor van did have a ladder rack though, followed by a 'Buzby special', bright yellow, Viva HA van, reputedly with all of 22BHP.
>> >> Lucky you, having a choice!
>>
>> Lucky you having a company car!!
>>

Not *that* lucky; it was a key criteria in what jobs to apply for, and which one to accept! But it did me to check the detail more thoroughly before accepting my next job though, so a useful life lesson ;)
I'm way behind with my Grand Tours - watch it on Sunday evening when I am doing my ironing.....
Last nights show was the hot hatch one.

However talk of 70s and 80s Fords fill me with anticipation. My dad had a series of Cortina company cars with his last being a Mk 4 2.3 Ghia estate in metallic blue with the black vinyl roof.

Mum had a Mk1 , then a Mk2 Escort in that horrible light blue colour (almost the same colour as the 3 wheeled invalid cars of the time)

My own first car was a Mk 2 Escort .

As a kid, probably early teens, I used to cycle up to mass on a Sunday and then afterwards cycle to the local Ford dealer, Laidlaws in Airdrie and just wander round the showroom gawking at all the Fords. They got to expect me every week and let me sit in all the cars and make myself at home. Was always excited when they had a new Capri in the showroom!

Ford used to bring out a new brochure, I think every month, and I used to read it from cover to cover memorising all the info and grades, options etc.

Just noticed the Cortina Estate is roughly the length of a Focus but a foot narrower! To think that we used to get 5 kids across the back seat or on longer journeys, 3 in the back seat and 2 in the boot!!

The Professionals further enhanced my love of Fords with their Escorts, Capris and Granadas. Ghias were distinguished by their bumper "overriders"if I remember the term correctly?

Look forward to watching this episode.
Just watched it today. A reminder, as if I needed it, why the Sierra Cosworth will always be one of my absolute favourite cars of all time. The looks still make me drool, and the fact it got round the track faster than a current Fiesta with a similar power-to-weight ratio, despite nearly 40 year old chassis technology was seriously impressive. What a machine!

Still kicking myself for not buying the 100,000 mile, but mint one owner example I was offered in 1993 for £2,250. In my defence, I couldn't get it insured, anywhere.

Reminded me also why I have always had a soft spot for Ford. They've made some absolutely cracking cars over the years. Remembered fondly when most of their contemporaries have been completely forgotten.

Last edited by: DP on Wed 24 Apr 19 at 17:02
>>Look forward to watching this episode.

Loved it, just wish they had featured more of the Ford range but I guess it was all about the Cortina size.
Have to agree with you on this one Zero, I actually nodded off during it.
 The Grand Tour -SEAMEN - zippy
Back on 13th December.

I'm sure they'll all get tossed about on boats!
 The Grand Tour -SEAMEN - VxFan
Well I hope the other episodes to follow are better than this one.

Not one of their better efforts.
 The Grand Tour -SEAMEN - No FM2R
Watched it last night with Daughter #1. We really enjoyed it.

It's a formula, it'll never change, so I don't know why people are surprised. It happens to be a formula I enjoy, though definitely in its final days.

I shall continue to enjoy them.
 Grand Tour - No FM2R
I thought there was a thread for this already, but I can't find it.

Anyway, episode 2 is apparently 4th September.

{moved, thanks to Smokie for finding the thread btw}
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 19 Aug 20 at 02:27
 Grand Tour - Netsur
Wasn't Episiode 1 (the boats in Vietnam??) screen in December 2019?
 Grand Tour - VxFan
>> Wasn't Episiode 1 (the boats in Vietnam??) screen in December 2019?

Discussed briefly just a bit further up.

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=26659&m=598075&v=e
 Grand Tour - VxFan
>> Anyway, episode 2 is apparently 4th September.

Well, the 4th has been and gone, and no new episode called Madagascar.

www.tvshowsace.com/2020/08/31/will-the-grand-tour-premiere-on-september-4-leaked-information-now-removed/

Considering the episode was ready in early June, it seems odd that Amazon are dragging their heals and not wanting to show it yet. Especially as TV is just full of repeats at the moment because of Covid and nothing being filmed.

Grand Tour - Crankcase

>> Considering the episode was ready in early June, it seems odd that Amazon are dragging
>> their heals and not wanting to show it yet.

I'm guessing that if they show it now, with no prospect of another episode for a very long time indeed, interest would wane in the gap.

But as it is, here we all are still talking about it...
 Grand Tour - Zero
>> But as it is, here we all are still talking about it...

4 of you mention it once a month. Thats waned in my book.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 8 Sep 20 at 02:41
 Grand Tour - Crankcase
I'd have thought four times a month was pretty good going here.
 Grand Tour - Zero
you just wilfully mangled and misrepresented the maths. There is a place for you on the Trump campaign team.
 Grand Tour - Crankcase
Says Mr e^i^?+1

Ooh. That fell flat. No pi allowed here.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Mon 7 Sep 20 at 18:25
 Grand Tour - legacylad
BBD will contradict that..
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZmoFfYCzKw
looks like fun.

Certainly does. I have hopes.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 18 Nov 20 at 20:09
"The Grand Tour Presents: A Massive Hunt"

Sounds very much like a Euphemism for something else ;)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZmoFfYCzKw
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZmoFfYCzKw

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=26659&m=616978&v=e

;)
Well, don't know about anyone else but I thought it a bit dull, unfortunately. Not even much in the way of pretty pictures, not many laughs. So much for Madagascar.
I thought it was ok. I think the problem is simply that it's an old format which has seen its best days. The hype of the excellent marketing tends to raise our expectations too far.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed it with #1 daughter. It's just a pleasant program to watch which I doubt will continue through many more episodes.
>> Well, don't know about anyone else but I thought it a bit dull

+1

As said by Mark, the format has become very tired.
Agree, nothing new.

But that new road in the ocean at Reunion was amazing! My kids were asking how the French have managed to hold on to their colonies whilst we have let ours have independence. Spending billions of Euros on projects like this might have something to do with it.
Without creating a spoiler, I do think that James's "That's the best thing I've ever done" moment showed he really WAS actually trying to do what he said he was, and finally getting somewhere, or he is indeed a fine actor.

The Grand Tour - Volume 3 - Netsur
Being part of France and therefore the EU, means that the poorer areas (despite being thousands of miles from Europe) have benefitted from EU funding of capital projects; just like unused airports in Spain.

They have abused the system for their benefit. No wonder they have stayed French.
 Episode 3, Scotland - No FM2R
It was alright. Bit boring in places but made me giggle in others. On its last legs, I think.
 Episode 3, Scotland - Bobby
Bring a Scot, and loving the Highlands and Outer Hebrides, I’m looking forward to watching it
 Episode 3, Scotland - No FM2R
Your countryside came across very well, what they did with it much less so.
 Episode 3, Scotland - Zero
Started well, the premise of using some classic big old Yank tanks for a Scottish tour was a goodun, Then the caravans appeared and I groaned fearing it would all become "old stuff". And indeed it did, Devoid of ideas I'm afraid. Its had its days and they know it.

Unlike Clarksons farm, which is fantastically entertaining, because its new and different. I am a big Gerald fan.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 1 Aug 21 at 09:22
 The Grand Tour - Carnage A Trois - VxFan
Plenty of cars in this episode, mainly French ones for some reason ;)

Typically predictable, yet actually funny IMHO, and taking the pee out of the French once or one hundred times.

Bit "demolition derby" in places and I imagine James May was wincing a lot while filming some of the destruction.

One of their better episodes.

Also featuring Abbie Eaton before her horrific accident where she broke her back hitting a sausage kerb.

The Grand Tour - Carnage A Trois - martin aston
I have just watched the French episode. Pretty good. Apart from the possible damage during the track race I didn’t “May wince” as much with car sympathy as I have in the past. The paint jobs where car doors opened to remove letters and leave mild obscenities appealed to my schoolboy humour. Most of the cars they trashed were bangers, such as in the mountain trip, and there was due appreciation of the best cars. Not bad at all.
Latest Forum Posts