Computer Related > Blocking spam Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 8

Blocking spam - bathtub tom
I'm getting a tremendous amount of spam in my junk mailbox.
It all comes from ??????@opensubscriber.online, where ????? can be any character or number of characters.
The problem is I occasionally get stuff in my junk box that's important and I can't see it for the clutter. I don't want to abandon that email address.
I'm blocking each email, but this morning I had twenty one!

Is there any way I can block everything from a @opensubscriber.online source?
 Blocking spam - VxFan
Who is your email provider?

While most provide filters, message rules, and spam protection, each providers settings will be different.

I would have thought however you would be able to add the wildcard @opensubscriber.online source to a filter which would catch everything regardless what is put before the @ part of the address.
It's hotmail.
So what wildcard would be appropriate, bearing in mind the number of characters before the @ varies?

I've just googled the characters after the @. It seems to be a big problem with other users and the wildcard option appears not to exist.
 Blocking spam - Zero
>> It's hotmail.
>> So what wildcard would be appropriate, bearing in mind the number of characters before the
>> @ varies?

* is the universal wild card character, so *.@opensubscriber.online, will take car of anything and everything from opensubscriber.online
 Blocking spam - VxFan
>> It's hotmail.
>> So what wildcard would be appropriate,

Not sure for Hotmail, but for mail provider (uk2.net) for example, I would have to tell it to block everything from @opensubscriber.online
 Blocking spam - No FM2R
Bottom reply

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6086281
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 14 Jan 20 at 13:05
 Blocking spam - VxFan
>> Bottom reply

Or in case anyone else replies, this'll take you directly to it

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6086281#10
Thanks, I'll have to sit down and do it.
 Blocking spam - smokie
That does assume you are using Outlook as your mail client... but other mail clients would have something similar
Latest Forum Posts