Computer Related > Excel for Mac. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 7

Excel for Mac. - R.P.
I've ended up as being the treasurer for the local foodbank. Not hard work, but I need to produce a spreadsheet. I need to source a write/read and save version of Excel - The chair has agreed to pay for this. Having not really bothered with Microsoft products for the last ten years, I'm baffled by the choices available. Any advice ?? I need to keep it as cheap as possible.
 Excel for Mac. - Zero
Cheap as possible? how about free?

www.libreoffice.org/download/download/?type=mac-x86_64&version=6.3.4&lang=en-US

Its very good, an office suite, that has really good MS compatibility. you just "save as" in any MS format you want. I am secretary for a dog show/club using it for that.
 Excel for Mac. - No FM2R
www.microsoft.com/en/microsoft-365/nonprofit/office-365-nonprofit
 Excel for Mac. - tyrednemotional
As Z.

Libreoffice will do most of what Excel will, and will save in the formats you want (or at least, I assume it will on the Mac version).

It is free.

The only possible issue you might have is if you inherit a complex spreadsheet that tests the (very high) level of compatibility.
 Excel for Mac. - R.P.
Thanks all. I think the freebies for now, we've just become a charity - Microsoft will take at least three weeks to process the application and I'll need to clear it with the trustees next week so will go into slow time !
 Excel for Mac. - VxFan
I save a few spreadsheets to my Dropbox account. When I open them through Dropbox, they use an online version of MS Excel.

I guess you'll need to create the spreadsheet using MS Excel in the first place, but once saved to Dropbox, you won't need to have MS Excel on your PC. I guess you have access to another PC with Excel on it?
 Excel for Mac. - R.P.
Usefully I have Excel on my other (MAC) computer...due to a problem with a particular key I can't use it for working on the spreadsheet. Good idea - I have drop box on both computers...I will give that a try ! :-) Thanks.
 Excel for Mac. - smokie
Dave - that sounds like it could be Google Sheets or similar. Sheets saves to your cloud-based Google drive (free up to 10Gb I think). Easy peasy to share and update too. Pretty sure you can import from Excel and export to it too. Really handy if you are using more than one platform too.

gsuite.google.com/products/sheets/
Last edited by: smokie on Mon 24 Feb 20 at 23:46
Latest Forum Posts