Motoring Discussion > Fraudulant PCN Legal Questions
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 13

Fraudulant PCN - Bromptonaut

>> I don't know how it works. One camera for in and one for our? Are
>> the images fed back to a central base along with links to the cash machines
>> where VRM is entered and then its spits out where a fee has not been
>> made?
>> If that is the case I'm presuming having highlighted said criminal, human intervention then checks
>> the circumstances, authenticates the contravention, sends of for keeper details and then a PCN completed
>> with images and is sent to the victim?
>>

I'd assume that cameras records and ANPR logs the registration numbers in/out. There may be a a de-minimis time so that taxis and droppers off are not caught. Record of vehicles over de-minimis will be cross checked for VRNs entered at check in. Cars logged in/out but not logged as guests etc will be subject to request for keeper details and Parking Charge Notice issued accordingly.

Where PCN issued it will be supported by copies of the in/out pictures. If, AIUI, Fullchat's friend reversed into the car park to turn round then ANPR may have captured it as an exit but with no corresponding entry and an operator has fallen into temptation to treat two more or less co-timed snaps into those indicating a stay by, for example, falsifying the time on the 'entry' snap to one earlier.

Assuming of course the car was not snapped earlier in day while manoeuvring in the street and it's c/up rather than conspiracy.
 Messages Author Date
 Fraudulant PCN new Fullchat 31 Aug 20 18:03
 Fraudulant PCN new zippy 31 Aug 20 18:30
 Fraudulant PCN new Fullchat 31 Aug 20 18:47
 Fraudulant PCN new Bromptonaut 1 Sep 20 11:40
 Fraudulant PCN new Manatee 1 Sep 20 12:26
 Fraudulant PCN new Bromptonaut 1 Sep 20 12:58
 Fraudulant PCN new Fullchat 1 Sep 20 15:55
 Fraudulant PCN new Bromptonaut 1 Sep 20 16:42
 Fraudulant PCN new Fullchat 1 Sep 20 17:24
 Fraudulant PCN - Update new Fullchat 14 Sep 20 00:38
 Fraudulant PCN - Update new No FM2R 14 Sep 20 01:05