Non-motoring > Travel insurance refunds Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 2

Travel insurance refunds - PeterS
The battleface policy I took out to provide covid cover when travelling against FCO advice to SA was a lot more expensive if you were over 59. As it was, I’m 49 and it was less than £60 for 20 days cover. And they refunded in 48 hours.

Maybe I’ve been lucky, or perhaps because of who I booked with, but I had 4 holidays booked in 2019 for travel in 2020 cancelled - Malta, Zanzibar, Thailand and Australia. For all 4 I had full refunds for what I’d paid. Most were booked with BA or BA holidays, and were refunded in a matter of days. The flight to Thailand was with mainly with Qatar and had a complex routing so was booked via a travel agent. That took about a month to get refunded. The hotels for that trip (Copenhagen, Oslo, Doha, Bangkok) were booked on booking.com and cancelable without penalty.

Even the SA trip I booked in December for December was refunded in under a week - separate components of flight (avios), hotel (BA holidays), car (Avis), parking (purple parking) and insurance (battleface). I’ve got a voucher from BA for the hotel and from purple parking, the rest were refunded. If I’d been in tier 4 when I cancelled I’d have got a full cash refund from BA for the hotel, but I wasn’t and I cancelled a few days before flights from SA were banned. But the vouchers will get used so I’m not bothered by that.

So I have still yet to ever claim on any travel insurance, despite possibly the most disrupted period of travel I can remember!
 Messages Author Date
 Travel insurance refunds   legacylad 14 Jan 21 16:44
 Travel insurance refunds   smokie 14 Jan 21 16:59
 Travel insurance refunds   PeterS 14 Jan 21 18:23
Latest Forum Posts