Motoring Discussion > Cazoo, Cinch Etc. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 17

Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - Bromptonaut
The Lad is looking for a car to replace his 12yo 'well worn' Pug 107. He's not that bothered about cars except as a means of transport so vague on models. He mentioned something about Astra sized and. When he and his g/f get their own place, hopefully in next year or so, they want a dog, probably a Labrador (her family have had similar breeds), so needs to be big enough for that.

Because of the pandemic restrictions he's looked at sourcing it via Cinch who have a buy on line, deliver to your home return if not satisfied business model. Cazoo seem similar.

Has anybody used them and what are views of the panel generally?

Difficulty to me seems to be if there are warranty or consumer protection issues - what then?
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - Duncan
>>>> Because of the pandemic restrictions he's looked at sourcing it via Cinch who have a
>> buy on line, deliver to your home return if not satisfied business model. Cazoo seem
>> similar.
>>
>> Has anybody used them and what are views of the panel generally?

I am afraid that I couldn't possibly use Cinch because of that awful man who does their television advertisements.

Shudder.
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - Zero
hes fine once you get over the shock of the overly bleached and capped teeth.
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - Duncan
>> hes fine once you get over the shock of the overly bleached and capped teeth.

It isn't his teeth, it's his diction.
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - MD
>> >> hes fine once you get over the shock of the overly bleached and capped
>> teeth.
>>
>> It isn't his teeth, it's his diction.
>>
Well he shouldn't be showing THAT on TV
>> I am afraid that I couldn't possibly use Cinch because of that awful man who
>> does their television advertisements.
>>

I'd never noticed the ad, or maybe never seen it, until it popped up today during Joanna Lumley's Scottish travelogue.

Tend to agree about his diction. The whole plot's a bit creepy though; car salesman tries to chat up the girlfriend?
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - zippy
>> The whole plot's a bit creepy though; car salesman
>> tries to chat up the girlfriend?
>>

I don't think he would be interested.

I read it as: your bf is a bit thick, especially when it comes to cars. Look at our cars, you'll fall in love with them / us / our service.
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - CGNorwich
"Difficulty to me seems to be if there are warranty or consumer protection issues - what then?"

Whate is the difference between buyin form a dealer like Evans Halshaw via Cinch or buyin form the same dealer direct?
If Cinch work with local dealers then that may be less of a problem - though the fact the dealer could be EH would worry me (bad experience with them albeit years ago).

Their offer seems to span both dealer cars and direct provision.
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - PR
Cinch are owned by British Car auctions.

They are basically cutting out the middle man (car dealers) and selling their cars direct to the public.

Interesting article here

www.am-online.com/news/supplier-news/2020/10/20/bca-accused-of-opening-pandora-s-box-with-cinch-online-car-retail-offering
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - bathtub tom
If BCA are supplying cars to Cazoo and Cinch, what happens to a car put up for auction? Do BCA 'buy' it from themselves, thus avoiding all their fees, to sell on the retail market? Seems like a licence to print money.
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - Falkirk Bairn
BCA own "WeBuyAnyCar"
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - smokie
I understand that BCA also have deals with large fleet purchasers whereby BCA give a guaranteed price for the car at end of lease (obviously subject to mileage, condition etc) - so fleet purchasers know exactly how their fleet cost will pan out over its life.
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - zippy
WBAC offer for Mrs Z's Note £4,100.

Clinch price for a near identical equivalent (same year, model etc) £7,500. Nice markup!

I tried putting a few Clinch number plates in to WBAC and funnily enough it wouldn't give a price.
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - Mr Moo
Other one appears to be Carzam:

www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/features/expand-and-deliver-inside-car-buying-start-carzam

...doesn’t sound great if an Autocar journo bought one and it turned up with paint defects!
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - martin aston
Very thin article, both buyer and seller are concentrated on cosmetics. How about the journo having it up on the ramps with an independent mechanic and really checking it over? Instead he is buying a car on the basis of how shiny it looks.

Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - Mr Moo
...and if you do an MOT check on the BMW 420d that said journo bought, it had been sitting around for something like 7 months prior to sale. Probably not that unusual, but not the best for brakes, tyres, battery etc.
 Cazoo, Cinch Etc. - Boxsterboy
I may be old-fashioned but I wouldn't want to buy any car without sitting in an example, and I wouldn't want to buy any used car without seeing it first.

I guess Cazoo etc. are relying on inertia - i.e. buyers will only reject in extreme circumstances, but their multi-pronged proposal is close to becoming a Cartel to rig the price of used cars.
Latest Forum Posts