Computer Related > TomTom - How do I update maps? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 9

TomTom - How do I update maps? - BobbyG
I have a TT710 I got with my Seat Altea and it comes with a branded Seat / TT 1GB SD card.
I have just taken advantage of TT's offer of updating map and getting 18 months updates so have downloaded the new maps etc to computer which is about 1.5GB. Obviously this won't go onto my 1GB SD card in the TT machine.

I have a new 2GB card, how do I set this up for my TT? I tried copying the contents of the 1GB to the 2GB but the TT didn't recognise it?

According to the TT website you need to put the blank one in first, wait till it states no maps found, then you can install but that doesn't seem to work either.

Any help, step by step guides would be appreciated!
 TomTom - How do I update maps? - R.P.
Can't you download to the HDD of your computer...
Yes I have downloaded the new maps etc onto my computer - thats fine, but I don't know how to get them onto a new SD card that the TT will recognise?
 TomTom - How do I update maps? - Zero
you did make sure they were for TT710?

On my 720 the maps live on the internal flash memory and I would use TThome on the PC to update them
Yeah, its the 710. I think I have manged it now, though I have lost my Favourites, POIs and speed cameras that I had on my last card.

Oh well, now to see how up to date the maps are!
 TomTom - How do I update maps? - Stuartli
>>..though I have lost my Favourites, POIs and speed cameras that I had on my last card.>>

That's what my somewhat annoyed best mate discovered after updating.....
 TomTom - How do I update maps? - rtj70
It should be possible to copy them across from the old card/backup.
I was able to download the speedcameras again and upload them onto my TT. Favourites I have lost, I daresay I could plough through the files from my backups to find the applicable one but tbh, I only used about half a dozen or so on a regular basis and can just update them myself.

I do , somehow, seemed to have lost full postcode search in the process though although, again, I preferred searching for streets rather than postcodes anyway as I quite often found them to be wrong or incomplete.

TomTom - How do I update maps? - rtj70
Sounds like you've lost the postcode file. That's an easy fix.
Any idea what the file might be called and I can search it out when I go home?
Latest Forum Posts