Motoring Discussion > Parking fine from private company Legal Questions
Thread Author: movilogo Replies: 7

Parking fine from private company - movilogo
I received a demand for money letter from a private parking company. 

In local retail park, one specific day I took my bike for servicing in morning and then left with my car. I collected it on same day afternoon. 

Their letter conveniently showed my first entry and last exit only.

Should I just ignore?

Parking fine from private company - Zero
>> Should I just ignore?

IF you can prove they were wrong, with some evidence, then challenge. If you can't - ignore.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 24 Mar 14 at 19:42
 Parking fine from private company - Mark
It really depends on which PPC.

FOI requests show that Parking Eye are currently issuing around 1000 court claims a month, CEL are also being fairly litigious. Ignore has not been recommended advice on the Parking Forums for quite some time.

However when properly defended, Parking Eye are getting spanked in court (see the Parking Pranksters web blog, he has many transcripts showing what a complete joke this company is).

Also at the ahem "independent" BPA Ltd funded appeals service POPLA, ALL PPCs are losing where the appeal mentions the matter of Genuine Pre Estimate of Loss (as their err charge is not) when appeals are formulated using the guidance found on Pepipoo or MSE Parking Forums.

Might be worth browsing the above mentioned site. General thinking is to beat it at POPLA and cost the PPC £27 into the bargain.

As always

Mark

The company is G24 Ltd.
 Parking fine from private company - Old Navy
The same thing happened to me, I had documentary proof that I was not in the car park and successfully appealed. The cheeky sods said that in future any appeals would not be entertained.

Any future invoices will be ignored, fortunately in Scotland the registered owner is not liable for their implied contract, it is still the driver.
 Parking fine from private company - Mark
Some examples of G24 getting a spanking

Plenty more in the completed cases/POPLA decisions/successful cases threads on MSE or Pepipoo

forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=79583&st=20&start=20

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4913906&highlight=g24

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4923460&highlight=g24

As always

Mark
 Parking fine from private company - Ted

I have three on the go atm. One was February 7th 2013. ( Parking Eye ). Ignored and seems to have fizzled out. The next was from some firm in the Midlands. I was attending coronary rehab at hospital and was ticketed in a bay that was clearly marked ' Rehab only '. That was last September and also has not been followed up after three letters from them.

The last was in January this year, also from Parking Eye. Ignored again, the last letter was a threat of court action. I look forward to it in a way. The courts don't frighten me, I've been in too many to worry. The car share firm I work part time for has a car on a small council car park out of town. The council asked us to put one there for their staff to use as and when they need it. We have a space 24/7. The car park is free with a time limit of 2 hours. Mostly used by council staff but public can use it. I left my fleet support vehicle there while I took the hire car for service...about three hours. Clocked in and out, my company logos are clearly visible on both Parking Eye's photos. We do not register our cars with either the council or Parking Eye as we do change them on a regular basis.

I can provide proof in court and also bring up the point that Parking Eye did not wait the required 28 days before contacting the DVLA...I got the first notice 10 days after my ' offence '.

I'm a great believer in ignoring. Do not ignore any official court papers though. These firms make most of their money by folk who roll over and pay straight away. Lots of them are poor pensioners...like me !

I'll let you know of any further developments.
The MSE site has comprehensive letters as follow up. The advice there is not to completely ignore but send a response declining to pay and then subsequently ignore all further correspondence.

Latest Forum Posts