Motoring Discussion > KIA Cee'd - Kia Ceed - Potential Warranty Issues ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 15

KIA Cee'd - Kia Ceed - Potential Warranty Issues ? - -
I don't trust a main dealer, or most indy workshops come to that, to service brakes or much else properly its quick as you can and squirt some white grease at the door hinge to make it look the part, peering through the wheel and squirting aerosol brake cleaner in the general direction of the caliper is not good enough, its not servicing in my book.

I've seen an increasing number of seized brakes in recent years, despite being serviced by 'expert technicians' not one of them has shown any evidence of real cleaning and lubrication, in some cases incl our recently bought Outlander it was a case of kicking the wheels off wiv me size 11 bovver boots.

Beginning to realise why i was quite so popular in my kerbside cowboy days, maybe should have pursued it and established a proper permanent workshop, who knows...why is it now so hard to find anyone, and this applies in all walks of life, who takes a pride in their work?

I had a similar brake dilemma over the family Aygo, dealer mentioned at last service that it would need pads and discs next service which is due soon, they looked reasonable to me for another year but for the cost of them i wasn't going to worry...£55 pads and discs i paid.

That has another 2 years of warranty, so i bought genuine pads (actually Jurid but Toyota/Citroen stamped) and Pagid discs, my thoughts being the pads are easily read, the fact the discs are better than OE as they are painted whereas OE non friction areas are rusty within days from new is the only giveaway, whether a main dealer tech would spot that i don't know, they will spot the brake greased parts and coppaslipped wheel spigot probably for its rarity value if they can be bothered to remove the wheels.

I would expect that any future brake problems you have they will have a valid get out due to non gen parts if they realise, however seeing as they can't be bothered to service your car correctly i would have done the same as you ( i had cheap source of gen pads)...its my opinion that other parts of the car should be unaffected by your choice of brake parts.

Colleague has just had his 10 plate Insignia VXR brake pads replaced by an unimpressed ex mechanic who works with us, huge front Brembos seizing, again through lack of proper care and attention...car fully main dealer serviced (whatever that means these days) on the dot.

Last edited by: gordonbennet on Sat 27 Apr 13 at 23:56
 Messages Author Date
 KIA Cee'd - Kia Ceed - Potential Warranty.. new Fullchat 27 Apr 13 22:49
 KIA Cee'd - Kia Ceed - Potential Warrant.. new RichardW 27 Apr 13 23:04
 KIA Cee'd - Kia Ceed - Potential Warran.. new Fullchat 27 Apr 13 23:20
 KIA Cee'd - Kia Ceed - Potential Wa.. new - 27 Apr 13 23:54
 KIA Cee'd - Kia Ceed - Potential Warr.. new .... 28 Apr 13 00:11
 KIA Cee'd - Kia Ceed - Potential Warr.. new Armel Coussine 28 Apr 13 00:16
 KIA Cee'd - Kia Ceed - Potential Wa.. new .... 28 Apr 13 00:30
 KIA Cee'd - Kia Ceed - Potential W.. new Armel Coussine 28 Apr 13 00:50
 KIA Cee'd - Kia Ceed - Potential Wa.. new Bill Payer 28 Apr 13 22:57
 KIA Cee'd - Kia Ceed - Potential Wa.. new - 29 Apr 13 08:46