Motoring Discussion > Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23   [Read only]
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 102

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - VxFan

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 24 *****

==============================================================

Top Gear chat.

PLEASE NOTE:-

To try and maintain some kind of logical order of discussion, if you start a new subject then reply to this post and remember to change the default subject header.

Volume 22 is HERE:-
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 20 Jun 16 at 21:42

The wait is almost over - VxFan
short preview of the new series

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMaqLQo4R0M

Amazon's name for Top Gear show - VxFan
The Grand Tour

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36267294

Let's hope the show is more interesting than the name!

Amazon's name for Top Gear show - tyrednemotional
So... (sorry again)...is this now the Top Gear discussion thread, or the Grand Tour discussion thread?

Confusion may reign.

Undecided as yet whether to have 2 separate threads, or just this one for both shows.

Amazon's name for Top Gear show - riddler
Should have separate threads how about Clarkson & Co and the Ginger Idiot to avoid any confusion
 Amazon's name for Top Gear show - devonite
I read somewhere months ago that they were going to call the new show "Gear Knobs!" - I prefer that to "Grand Tour".
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 31 May 16 at 02:02

Amazon's name for Top Gear show - Harleyman
>> I read somewhere months ago that they were going to call the new show "Gear
>> Knobs!" - I prefer that to "Grand Tour".

May have had copyright issues with that, since the knob now presents Top Gear.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 31 May 16 at 02:02
>> May have had copyright issues with that

You're right in some respects.

Clarkson previously said for legal reasons, they cannot use a name with the word "gear" in it.

Yawn. - R.P.
Same old, Same old....

Yawn. - CGNorwich
Watched the first 20 minutes. Turned over to the Antiques Road Show. More interesting.

Yawn. - Skip
Didn't even bother watching it.
 Yawn. - sooty123
I quite liked it, not as good as the old one by any means. But i quite like matt le blanc on it, chris evans is okay.

I'll be watching it next week, very few motoring shows on tv.

Yawn. - Armel Coussine
>> Didn't even bother watching it.

Why not? I did and it was OK.

Yawn. - Skip

>> Why not?

Two words - Chris Evans
 Yawn. - Runfer D'Hills
I so wanted this to be really good. Been looking forward to it for ages.

Oh dear.

Yawn. - R.P.
That Nomad was a piece of work though

Yawn. - Runfer D'Hills
Aye, twas, and Matt is personable enough. I guess we have to stop comparing it to TG as it was and regard it as a new car show ( which so far, isn't as good. ) and be grateful there is one to watch I suppose.

Yawn. - legacylad
I missed the first 15 minutes... Only found out it was on purely by chance when I looked at the BBC website. I was hoping there might be a sensible review, or two, of current cars. No such luck. That foul mouthed Ramsay, lots of silly driving around in very odd vehicles and Chris Evans jumping up & down like a young child who's overdosed on Liquorice Allsorts. Or Creme Eggs.
And I have a strong dislike of 4 WDs churning up hillsides.

Yawn. - R.P.
He was shouting his head off as well in that hanger/studio- the silly sausage...JC never had to do that...."Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" my eye, that was an expensive track prepared MINI !

Yawn. - Alastairw
Evans was a bit shouty yes. LeBlanc is a natural presenter though. From what Evans said on his radio show he was really nervous for this first one, so hopefully will soon settle. I like the new SIARPC format and enjoyed the Viper test. I'll certainly keep watching.

Yawn. - VxFan
>> LeBlanc is a natural presenter though.

He reminded me of James May with an American accent.

Yawn. - Harleyman
From what Evans
>> said on his radio show he was really nervous for this first one, so hopefully
>> will soon settle.
>>

I wouldn't get too hopeful. That is exactly what he said about his first radio show after he took over from Terry Wogan. He's still just as shouty, I can't even stand the sound of his voice let alone his gurning mug so no chance of me ever watching Top Gear. Mrs HM, who as a rule does not venture particularly strong opinions about anything, detests Evans even more than I do.

Yawn. - Ian (Cape Town)
I'll download it and give it a watch later.
To be honest, the 'old' TG was getting a bit boring and seemed almost like an 'in joke' between the three of them at times.

Yawn. - Harleyman
>> I'll download it and give it a watch later.
>> To be honest, the 'old' TG was getting a bit boring and seemed almost like
>> an 'in joke' between the three of them at times.
>>
>>

I think that's fair comment Ian; it had got a bit predictable but there were enough genuinely entertaining bits to make it watchable.

From what I've read, though, the new format doesn't hold a candle to it. It would be interesting to see if Evans drops out after a while, especially if the others prove more than capable of doing the job without him. Its a great pity that the BBC haven't managed to do the same with his breakfast radio show.

Yawn. - Alastairw
9.5 million people seem to disagree with you, HM, at least with regard to the radio show.

Yawn. - R.P.
said on his radio show he was really nervous for this first one

Bit luvvie much from him, bearing in mind how much he's paid. For that sort of money you'd like to think he'd be able to eliminate the nerve thing...

Yawn. - VxFan
>> bearing in mind how much he's paid.

By his own admission, it's too much.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36273680

Yawn. - Harleyman
>> 9.5 million people seem to disagree with you, HM, at least with regard to the
>> radio show.
>>

I'm far from being in a minority of one, I can assure you. Personally I chose to re-tune to Radio 4; whilst I happily concede that Terry Wogan's time was up (although I loved his style and gentle humour) I've said before that I dislike the way in which Chris evans talks AT you rather than TO you on air, it just grates on me. I also thought that his format was too closely modelled on Steve Wright's, with a claque of willing sycophants in the studio doing fake applause and stuff all the time, you could almost smell the brown-nosing.

I've tried to like it, I certainly haven't just ignored it completely on principle; but I'm afraid Evans is just too "shouty" for my liking. Wogan could be very near the knuckle, as the "Janet and John" skits prove, but he could somehow get away with it; further to my point above, you laughed with the man, not because he said something funny. If Evans tried something similar it would simply come across as crass and rude.

It also has to be said that Wogan was apparently much loved by his peers, and seemingly lacked an ego; even discounting the understandable media bias against Evans, I suspect any respect is more for his business acumen, which he does seem to have in bucketloads, than his personality.
 Yawn. - Roger.
He's still just as shouty, I can't
>> even stand the sound of his voice let alone his gurning mug so no chance
>> of me ever watching Top Gear. Mrs HM, who as a rule does not venture
>> particularly strong opinions about anything, detests Evans even more than I do.
>>
>>
>>

Same in this household: Deidre(SWMBO) just hates him.

Yawn. - sooty123
He's still just as shouty, I can't
>> even stand the sound of his voice.

sounds like every other dj on the radio, droning on about god knows what.

Yawn. - Runfer D'Hills
I'll almost certainly continue to watch it because it's a car show, I like car shows and we are not exactly over supplied with them. On first analysis it's not ( yet ) a particularly good car show though, but we can only hope that it will improve, or at least periodically ( as indeed it did ) contain some interesting / amusing / diverting elements.

I wasn't going to bother buying an Amazon stick thingy just to see Clarkson and the others but based on last night's viewing I may be tempted to do so if only to draw the comparison.

I'm not majorly keen on Evans either, but I'm not going to boycott the show because of that, the ongoing subject matter will be the key to whether I continue to tune in.

Yawn. - Ian (Cape Town)
apparently Top Gear Extra Gear is pretty good as well.

Yawn. - Westpig
I enjoyed it, although I'd agree it wasn't the best... but it's all there is.

I liked the off road mini bit for the SIARPC angle, that should sort the real drivers out, but I was a bit surprised they stuck so rigidly to the old format for the rest of it... it would have been a good chance to re-new some ideas.

Yawn. - Robin O'Reliant
I heard a clip on the radio advertising the return in which Chris Evans, obviously behind the wheel of something and giving it a bit of stick, was yelling, "Wow weeeeee babieeeeee".

That's when I decided not to watch it.
 Yawn. - Manatee
I could just about put up with Hammond, the most cringeworthy of the last lot, but Evans is in a different league as an emetic. Zero probability of me watching it.
 Yawn. - legacylad
Emetic. That's a new word in my vocabulary. Shorter than puke inducing
Thankyou

Yawn. - Dutchie
I've watched the show for about ten minutes .Evans is no Clarkson, but he got to nasty and bigheaded over the years.

Switched channels back to Netflix the bridge a Danish series far more entertaining.

Yawn. - WillDeBeest
...Netflix The Bridge ...

There's a 911 in that, although it has a very understated role. Apparently it's noisy, uncomfortable and always cold.
www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/dec/12/the-bridge-sofia-helin-being-saga-noren-interview

Yawn. - rtj70
>> "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" my eye, that was an expensive track prepared MINI !

That's why he referred to the section as the two stars in a brand new rally cross car. It's no longer SIARPC is it. They never said it was. There's an empty board naturally for times.

Not sure about the programme. Too much like previous top gear which was already getting long in the tooth.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 30 May 16 at 23:09

Yawn. - Focusless
We both watched the repeat on BBC2 yesterday evening. I preferred it to the last few Top Gears I've watched, and while I won't lose any sleep if I miss the next one, I'll make some effort to catch it. Entertaining.

Yawn. - R.P.
I'll record and fast forward through the shouty bits next time I think.

Yawn. - Ian (Cape Town)
Unfortunately the shouty bits are also the bits where he's hooning the car.
After watching the TG and TG Extra Gear, here's my opinion...
Evans is trying too hard to be Clarkson. His words are Clarkson-esque, but the delivery is all wrong and shouty.
Lr Blanc has been described as 'wooden'. No, he's trying to deadpan it, and can't pull it off.
Sabine? Eye candy, perhaps? Good SOH (For a hun) but is her party trick going to be making people ill?
Harris (On Extra) calls it like it is. Best of the bunch so far.
That other chap - Rory? - is he just there to get their PC ratings up? Because he seems to have made the grade for one reason only. I wouldn't put him on CeeBeebies, to be honest!
Apart from that - the filming, though excellent, has become predictable, the stunts and chases are also very deja vu and, BBC, there are a few million recorded songs available. Why go back to using 'incidental' stuff which has been on the soundtrack a squillion times before, and sounds very much like raiding the Jezza CD collection?

Yawn. - Focusless
www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/dad-analysing-top-gear-as-if-it-were-collected-works-of-shakespeare-20160531109206
:)

Yawn. - No FM2R
I just watched it.

As has been said, Evans trying to present the Clarkson show, and I'd got bored of Clarkson presenting the Clarkson show - a tired idea, dragged out of the cupboard and presented by an irritating shouty man trying to be someone else.

No good if you're a Clarkson fan, because it wasn't Clarkson. Not really very good even if you are an Evans fan, because Evans was pretending to be someone else.

Just, not very good.

Still, Clarkson et al didn't create that style of Top Gear, they evolved into it. Maybe Evans and his team will evolve into something worth watching with time.

Yawn. - Armel Coussine
Carp carp carp...

I don't think it's meant for adults FMR. It's for kiddywinks. Only a childishly car-obsessed adult could sit through it, complaining bitterly the while...

Yawn. - CGNorwich
I guess the problem is that it started life as a light hearted bit of Sunday evening dross and its now being looked upon as a major piece of television and receiving serious analysis by all and sundry.

Probably best to say its had its day and quietly bury it but too late for that now I guess

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - R.P.
Top Gear with the world's coolest man and it's not Chris Evans nor AC....ice cool Seasick Steve..

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - Bobby
CHRIS EVANS LIKES TO SHOUT

Likes the sound of his own voice, Seasick proves you can speak softly and carry a big stick. I don't buy the nervousness CE thing, if that is true he needs to grow up, we pay him enough.

And two out of three stars that I've heard of.

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - Runfer D'Hills
Well, I found episode 1 a bit underwhelming. But I really enjoyed episode 2.

And me. Only saw the second half with the SA thing. That was good. More Seasick Steve after my first post....very good TV persona....he's very real.

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - rtj70
Tonight's episode was better. But I had hoped they'd come up with a few new ideas rather than sticking with the Clarkson era Top Gear.

Anyone watched Extra Gear? Chris Harris is good - lets hope he gets onto the main programme. I think he does next week.

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - Westpig
I really enjoyed episode 2.... and wait for it...drumroll...'er indoors watched it as well.

Now, she only gave it a begrudging "It's alright".. but... I haven't watched Top Gear with her for yonks.

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - Slidingpillar
Not watched my recording yet, but Seasick Steve was a guest in the Clarkson era too.

Eddie Jordan was good too.

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - Ian (Cape Town)
Chris Evans’ Top Gear suffered a big drop in its viewing figures for its second episode, drawing what is thought to be its lowest audience for at least a decade.

The BBC motoring show – worth £50m a year to the BBC in worldwide sales – lost a third of its audience, pulling in just 2.8 million viewers, a 14% share of the audience on Sunday night.

Ouch.

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - Runfer D'Hills
We had a Top Gear barbecue here. Not that we need much of an excuse to have one. Opened the patio doors, turned the telly round to face out to the garden and sparked up the barby.

I'm still bewitched by outdoor eating despite many years of not living in Scotland where the closest we got to it mainly was opening the back door while cooking. I'm not a big drinker but somehow I can't barbecue without gin.

As you were.

The first weekend for the revised show was poorly timed in my opinion. A bank holiday/half term. A lot of potential viewers will be away - ignoring it's not as good as it should be. Then a really warm week and another warm weekend.

So those watching both new episodes will have been lower because of holidays and the warm weather. Why didn't they launch it earlier or later?

>> Why didn't they launch it earlier or later?
>>
Because they wanted it out in a hurry, to pre-empt the other chaps on Netflix.
Also, it was originally scheduled for 10 episodes. Now down to 6, I believe.

>> Because they wanted it out in a hurry, to pre-empt the other chaps on Netflix.

Amazon Prime - how many will actually pay for that I wonder. As opposed to get hold of it for free?

Chris Harris is a good motoring journalist something the show needs. Remember both May and Clarkson started out with car magazines.

>> Chris Harris is a good motoring journalist something the show needs. Remember both May and
>> Clarkson started out with car magazines.
>>
Damn right. It ain't all roses - so anyone who can write 600/700 words a week on top of other duties gets my vote.
Not always on the greatest cars - sometimes some little entry-level appliance car.
I used to do that ... Now, wat can I actually write about this bland non-event of a vehicle?

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - Manatee
>> >> Because they wanted it out in a hurry, to pre-empt the other chaps on
>> Netflix.
>>
>> Amazon Prime - how many will actually pay for that I wonder.

Just killed the free trial as it expired. I took it when I ordered a phone a month ago, for the next day delivery. It took three days anyway. I nearly kept it when I saw the Kindle lending library offer, but it only covers things you've never heard of plus the 7 Harry Potter books, and only one book a month...for £79 I can buy one book a month. Not paying for TV, there's more on terrestrial than I have time to watch.

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - movilogo
How do they calculate number of viewers?

I still enjoy the show. I tend to focus on cars rather than presenters :-)

>> I still enjoy the show. I tend to focus on cars rather than presenters :-)
>>
That is the problem. Give me facts and figures and engine note, rather than some knob screaming like a castrated baboon.

>> I
>> nearly kept it when I saw the Kindle lending library offer, but it only covers
>> things you've never heard of plus the 7 Harry Potter books, and only one book
>> a month...for £79 I can buy one book a month. Not paying for TV, there's
>> more on terrestrial than I have time to watch.
>>
Kindle Lending Library? Wot?
Because I live in the lawless parts of the world, I avoid that nonsense... calibre, pirate sites etc and get most stuff for free.

Bit chilly here yesterday. At least 14 degrees.

Unfortunately we only get TG on Wednesday, on Satellite TV, but the local viewers are as incensed about the screaming ninny as (it seems) Uk viewers are.
In the meantime, I just download it, so will be watching later.
One theme I see is that many are calling for Harris to be elevated to the main show.
Having seen him 'in action' a few years ago, doing a hot hatch shootout for a local magazine, I can only say "yes."
He has the right driving credentials, can speak to camera while driving, and without shouting, and also has a suitably-cynical way with words.

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - Harleyman
I am minded to wonder if Evans' ego will cope with the inescapable fact that he is, in the words of another notorious ginger, the "weakest link" of the show, which in itself may enflounce him?

I expect it to prosper in his absence if that is the case; and if it is I might even watch it.

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - mikeyb
I enjoyed this weeks - much more than the first episode.

I also like Chris, but I don't think he is suited to this role, although le blanc has surprised me

Still think it was a missed opportunity for the team to start afresh with a completely new format, in the same way Clarkson re-invented the original format
To begin with they didn't have to make huge changes but things that should have been left behind:

1. The Stig
2. Star in a reasonably priced car - although it's now a pointless rally cross Mini instead.
3. The set including the table made from an engine block, the car seats, etc.
4. The location?
5. Keeping saying 'on that bombshell"...

They could have kept a lot of the format but this has simply replaced the presenters of what had become a tired series that even Clarkson et al must have been bored with.

Now does Clarkson, May and Hammond come up with something totally new? They probably will. Otherwise why bother.*

* Well they are also getting millions of pounds I suppose :-)

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - legacylad
I completely forgot all about it, so will watch it on catch up.
Instead walked a few minutes up the road to a friends impromptu BBQ. Very nice it was too. A motley selection of chilled beers, buckets of Sav Blanc and very very large G & Ts.

>> Instead walked a few minutes up the road to a friends

Is the Focus that bad that you'll be walking from now on? :-)

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - Old Navy
I read somewhere yesterday that there was a campaign to get Jenson Button to replace Evans, I suspect he is a bit beyond the budget. :-)

>> I read somewhere yesterday that there was a campaign to get Jenson Button to replace
>> Evans, I suspect he is a bit beyond the budget. :-)
>>

He might be available next year... and made an appearance on the last episode.

Harleyman summed it up with his ';weakest link' comment.
The presenters they currently have are capable enough.
Obviously they can't all be on the same show every week, due to overcrowding, and their other commitments like racing, sitcoms etc.
Also, given the figures, would the likes of Harris/Jordan/Schmidt nail their colours to the mast of what may be a sinking ship?

>> I read somewhere yesterday that there was a campaign to get Jenson Button to replace Evans

tinyurl.com/z6zglaa - Daily Wail

Also reported elsewhere.

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - tyrednemotional
...being away and out of TV range, I've missed the new format.

Have they made SiaRPC more "real world", by demanding the fastest lap whilst texting or providing Twitter updates?

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - mikeyb
Just realised how poor the viewing figures are.

To put it in context the last series was pulling in between 5.8 and 7.3 million, so Sunday nights 2.8 sounds pretty dire.

I guess the beeb only have 4 more episodes to brave it out

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - No FM2R
Somebody already said it, why do a poor impersonation of a show that was already tired?

They should have built a new program.
 Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - Manatee
Evans had a lot of control I think. The strategy, from what I've read and heard, seems to have been to adopt the existing format but push it harder - more shouting, more/celeb presenters, star in an uprated car, etc.

I don't think it can successfully borrow the old identity - it was too much about the three personalities and their stage relationship. The new show need to be new, and good.

I may well be wrong, I haven't actually watched it! Evans is too much of a turn off for me.
I'm surprised the resident sniffers haven't complained about the blatant gingerism on here.

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - Alanovich
As an out-and-proud Ginger, would I be allowed to be offended?

I'm not, but I'm just curious as to whether I would be allowed to be if I wanted, under the rules of the un-PC Witchfinders Pursuivants.

Does that entitle you to a disabled badge?

Top Gear Discussion thread - Volume 23 - Alanovich
No, it entitles you to sunglasses if you ever have to meet me.

During the New Year Test at Newlands, Stokes and Bairstow smashed the ball all over the parish in a record partnership.
Sean Pollock commentated deadpan "A victory for ginger people everywhere".
Cue SILENCE from the commentary box as everyone collapsed with laughter, and the producers cut the sound.
Last edited by: Ian (Cape Town) on Thu 9 Jun 16 at 14:43
Jeremy Clarkson assembling a box hailed as 'more entertaining' than new Chris Evans series.

tinyurl.com/ja6hbt7 - www.standard.co.uk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbbkDiuz9fw

Top Gear Discussion - Episode 3 - VxFan
Best one last night I thought. Some new presenters thrown into the limelight as well, as well as some great cars.

I really thought that TG had got over its obsession with Ford. Apparently not though.

The BBC just need to get rid of Evans and it might become a half decent motoring entertainment show once again.

Top Gear Discussion - Episode 3 - Ian (Cape Town)
>> Best one last night I thought. Some new presenters thrown into the limelight as well,
>> as well as some great cars.

Thanks for that. I'm loading TG and TG Extra at present, so look forward to watching it later.

But are we back to Harleyman's 'weakest link' comment?

Top Gear Discussion - Episode 3 - Slidingpillar
Unfortunately the BBC see Evans as the front man, the others are incidentals.

I'm pretty sure Evans is a good bloke, but a lamentable presenter.
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Mon 13 Jun 16 at 11:13

>> Unfortunately the BBC see Evans as the front man, the others are incidentals.

Maybe they should just get somebody to dub in a slightly less shouty voice?

Top Gear Discussion - Episode 3 - VxFan
>> Maybe they should just get somebody to dub in a slightly less shouty voice?

Someone like Brian Blessed. I'm sure he'd be quieter.

Top Gear Discussion - Episode 3 - WillDeBeest
Clarkson's material may sometimes be duff but his delivery has always been pleasingly dry. May could do dryness too. Evans has more in common with Hammond, about as dry as a toddler's pants. A show whose subject matter is essentially fit only for teenage boys needs some sense of irony to avoid disappearing up its own exhaust. Shouty really doesn't work.

This is based on one programme. I plan to try one more - in the company of two teenage boys - tonight.

And on that bombshell... some very interesting anecdotes about scripting etc in Richard Porter's book on Top Gear (AOTB), written last year.

"Top Gear attracted what is believed to be its smallest ever live audience last night after losing nearly half of its viewers in two weeks since the programme’s relaunch.

Only 2.4million viewers tuned in to the third episode of the revamped BBC2 motoring show, which is significantly down by almost two million from its launch audience a fortnight ago of 4.3million."

Speaking to my local motoring mates, they all say they've given up on it.

Top Gear Discussion - Episode 3 - Runfer D'Hills
Which is a pity, because it's still way better than Strictly Come Ice Factor in the Jungle House...

>> Which is a pity, because it's still way better than Strictly Come Ice Factor in
>> the Jungle House...
>>
aka 'i humiliate myself by eating bugs for money'?

Top Gear Discussion - Episode 3 - Armel Coussine

>> Speaking to my local motoring mates, they all say they've given up on it.

Why? Don't they like cars any more?

I mean, take a critical attitude to new top gear by all means. I certainly do. But it's still about cars, annoying and superficial and even misleading though it can be. It's not as if we were spoilt for choice.
The chaff and shouty bits notwithstanding, the car stuff is good.
But to have the roar of engines overlaid with daft warblings tends to turn one off.
I recall a few years back a Spitfire doccie... where the commentator said 'Let me be quiet now, so you can appreciate the full sound of those Merlins'.
He knew his audience.

Top Gear Discussion - Episode 3 - rtj70
The best car presenter on the current Top Gear is Chris Harris. The worst predictably is Evans.

They could so easily make something better.

I am now starting to wonder if they put this out when they did because they suspected rating would be low. So they can have the excuse of half term and the Euro 2016 football!

Top Gear Discussion - Episode 3 - Westpig
>> I recall a few years back a Spitfire doccie... where the commentator said 'Let me
>> be quiet now, so you can appreciate the full sound of those Merlins'.
>> He knew his audience.
>>
This is my favourite Spitfire clip:

tinyurl.com/h4g88om

(You Tube clip... contains a couple of somewhat understandable swear words)

Top Gear Discussion - Episode 3 - Harleyman
Classic from the Daily Mash;

tinyurl.com/zf4rljr

James Corden interviews Matt Le Blanc. - No FM2R
Last night (14th) on the Late Late show with James Corden on CBS he interviewed Matt Le Blanc.

I used to like Corden, but the show is pretty awful. LeBlanc spoke a bit about Top Gear and driving in general. I thought he came across pretty well, better than Corden. Worth watching if you can.

They should dump Evans and give LeBlanc the main job.

I warn you now, should you watch it, Corden's pretend hysterical laugh is beyond irritating.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 20 Jun 16 at 12:47

Latest Forum Posts