Computer Related > Talk Talk Outages Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 12

Talk Talk Outages - Pat
For the last 3 weeks Talk Talk have had a problem in Cambridgeshire and most of East Anglia with at least 3 major outages.

In our village and surrounding ones , we think it is due to Virgin installing cables but of course we have no proof.

The problem is Talk Talk insist they haven't a problem.

Once they know I use a Nighhawk Netgear Router, instead of one of their own they simply blame the router.

I reported there was no broadband at 01.30 today. I spent 40 minutes on the phone re-booting, re-setting and finally being told to unplug and wait for 30 minutes before plugging the router back in.....still no broadband.

I had a text at 5am to say the broadband problem had been resolved and all was up and running....it wasn't.

At 7am I rang again and spent 1hour 25 minutes on the phone doing all the things we had done before and then they realised I had a Netgear router, which they told me wasn't suitable for Fibre and it was faulty.

Not having any access to the internet to check, I almost believed them and did various checks of my own before ordering a new router from Argos which has just been delivered.

An hour ago I decided to get my lappy out and noticed BT with fon and paid £6.95 for 24 hours access as I had time critical work uploads to do today.

After work was completed I went on the 'Is it down' website and found that the whole of Cambridgeshire had been down since the early hours of today again, and they were reporting it had been restored at 10.52 today. I went on the TT Community forums and found numerous posts from people in local villages to me, as well as my own who have had the same problem and been told repeatedly 'there is no problem'.

I rang yet again and they have now agreed that some of us still have a problem and it looks like it will be at least 3 hours before it's restored.

We were off most of Sunday as well and today has been a totally wasted, and expensive day trying to solve a problem that I haven't got in the first place.

To make matters worse I can only get a phone signal and mobile data in the house with the use of Vodafone's Sure Signal.....which needs an internet connection to work.

Why can't they just say 'Yes, we have a problem, we are very sorry and will have it restored asap'

That's all it needs.

Pat
 Messages Author Date
 Talk Talk Outages  new Pat 19 Sep 17 16:27
 Talk Talk Outages  new smokie 19 Sep 17 17:22
 Talk Talk Outages  new Pat 19 Sep 17 17:25
 Talk Talk Outages  new Stuartli 19 Sep 17 17:51
 Talk Talk Outages  new Pat 19 Sep 17 18:02
 Talk Talk Outages  new smokie 19 Sep 17 20:04
 Talk Talk Outages  new Mike H 19 Sep 17 21:34
 Talk Talk Outages  new rtj70 19 Sep 17 22:38
 Talk Talk Outages  new rtj70 19 Sep 17 22:42