Computer Related > Minor Problem With Site Miscellaneous
Thread Author: scousehonda Replies: 6

Minor Problem With Site - scousehonda
I am no longer getting the small red 'NEW' box against new posts. Is it just me or is it a fault on the site (unlikely I would have thought as someone else would have reported it by now).

Can anybody please suggest a remedy.

Removed make/model from header.
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 15 Apr 10 at 10:35
 Minor Problem With Site - car4play
Have you tried clearing cookies from your browser? This will set you back as "guest" user. Then log back in.
Mysteriously, all is now well with me having done nothing. Not having had it for the past few days brings home how useful a feature it is.
 Minor Problem With Site - VxFan
Do you occasionally run something like ccleaner and haven't added car4play to the list of cookies not to delete?
Yes, I think that you have hit he nail on the head. I did run ccleaner a couple of days ago without adding car4play. But I wonder why it has suddenly come back. Anyway I'll update ccleaner.

Many thanks for your interest.
 Minor Problem With Site - VxFan
>> But I wonder why it has suddenly come back.

Next time you visited another cookie was created for this site, and from that point it remembered where you had got to with regard to new posts.
So am I correct in thinking that, overall, cookies are not the mini monsters that some of the less initiated seem to think?
Latest Forum Posts