Computer Related > Word processing programme Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Lemma Replies: 7

Word processing programme - Lemma
Thanks for the replies. I perhaps should have made it clear that I am developing a process for the recording and storage of information. The intention is that the process is applied consistently by others using the newsletter template format. I will not be acting as editor or central point for the gathering of information. However each of the newsletters produced will be stored centrally together with the data that is entered into them (images, scans etc). it is important that there is consistent file naming and software usage for retrieval purposes.

In essence it is distributed data collection and management with the ability at a later date to search and retrieve information. Much of this will be dealt with by the storage protocol but there will be free text and it would be a shame to lose the ability to search and retrieve. Everything has to be done at lowest possible cost as this is a voluntary activity and it needs to be as easy as possible for users to encourage them to come on board and stay with it. The newsletter format is of interest as it does give the option at a (much) later date to present the information as web pages. I am trying to think through and cover the options as best I can.

I will have a look at Google docs about which I know very little, but it does sound as if might fit the bill for our purposes.
 Messages Author Date
 Word processing programme new Lemma 24 Jan 21 16:10
 Word processing programme new Falkirk Bairn 25 Jan 21 10:26
 Word processing programme new Manatee 25 Jan 21 12:43
 Word processing programme new No FM2R 25 Jan 21 12:57
 Word processing programme new Lemma 26 Jan 21 17:23
 Word processing programme new No FM2R 26 Jan 21 17:29
 Word processing programme new Kevin 26 Jan 21 17:53
 Word processing programme new Lemma 27 Jan 21 18:45
Latest Forum Posts